What is the first date I can safely lose x amount of pounds?

Options
I was thinking I could have a goal of losing all 50 remaining pounds by the first day of fall, being September 23, 2011. Is there a sooner date that I could reach my goal without it being unhealthy? How do I figure this out?

Replies

• DanaOwen21
    Options
    healthy is 2 lbs a week. so 50 lbs in 25 weeks!
  • Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Its 176 days till the first day of fall, so if its healthy to loose 2 lb a week, you will be able to make it with 1 day spare.

25 weeks is 175 days ;)
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    The closer you get to your goal the less weight you can safely lose without sacrificing mussel. I would depending on you Body Fat Percentage lose less and less weight the closer you get to your ideal.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    its really hard to judge. Everyone is different and there are so many variables. The first bit of weight comes off easily but once you hit "normal" bmi and then continue to lose, the pace slows a lot. I've lost 30 since April 1, 2010 and the last 10 have taken me since November '10...others have lost faster but I'm really focusing on making sustainable changes that i can do forever.

Generally, 2 lb/week is a good number but as you get closer to your goal (last 10-15) maybe 1 lb/week
  • ari_27
    ari_27 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php

I love this^^^ It predicts how much you can lose(and by what date) if you eat a certain amount of calories a day and by how active you are
  • yeaah
    yeaah Posts: 34
    Options
    http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php

Okay, so i just checked this one out and i am highly frustrated. If i put my limit of kcals a day at 1200, and worked out 5 times a week, i would gain ten pounds in a month or so. If I ate, thoretically, ate 1200 kcals and did TWO professional workouts a day, I would GAIN weight there too.... So moral of the effin website? eat 200 kcals, workout six times a week and you MIGHT lose weight. Way yo go losertown, truly amazing site...
  • yeaah
    yeaah Posts: 34
    Options
    I just checked the same and measured in KGs....and that was hecka lot more resonable.
  • Balishdear
    Options
    Okay, so my goal of 50 by fall isn't totally a lost cause. I am well aware I will hit plateaus, just waiting for it to happen.