Cinnamon and Honey Tea???

Options
Hey Everyone,

Anyone ever tried this before? I read that a cup of Cinnamon and honey tea in the morning and and night can help you shed up to 5 additional pounds in a week without changing anything in your routine.

I was thinking about trying it out for a week and see?

The article said boil water and then add 2 tbls of ground cinnamon or 2 cinnamon sticks into the water, strain, then add one tablespoon of honey and drink morning and night.

Thoughts?

Replies

• lucielu2
    lucielu2 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    i hear cinnamon is suppose to be good but not sure if its true
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I read about this one online too. Would like to hear some feedback on it myself. I did read for the best results you need Raw Honey and the better grade of cinnamon. I was going to give it a try but haven't been able to locate the raw honey.
  • FruitLoop05317
    Options
    idk if it works, but i think im going to try it with you...sounds interesting!!
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Well... Let us know how it works for you! 5lbs a week is a lot to ask from cinnamon and tea but you won't know unless you try! Good luck!
  • siurzua
    siurzua Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, I LIKE!! I should try it with you too!! =D

What is there to loose??? Oh yeah! a LOT! lol
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Anyone ever tried this before? I read that a cup of Cinnamon and honey tea in the morning and and night can help you shed up to 5 additional pounds in a week without changing anything in your routine.

I was thinking about trying it out for a week and see?

The article said boil water and then add 2 tbls of ground cinnamon or 2 cinnamon sticks into the water, strain, then add one tablespoon of honey and drink morning and night.

Thoughts?

While I have no doubt that cinnamon and honey can have health benefits, unless they help you burn an extra 17,500 calories per week, then they won't be causing you to drop an extra five pounds! Unless you're talking water weight, to lose weight you have to burn calories. Some foods may help stir-up your metabolism, but that is a HUGE change you're talking about. I think it's likely an exaggeration of what this tea can do.
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Anything that boasts a loss of "up to five pounds" in a week that doesn't require buying onesies and diapers is suspect.

Here's the deal on cinnamon:

1. Helps to stabilize glucose levels.
    2. Raises metabolism (slightly and temporarily).
    3. Curbs appetite.

All of these things are good in helping with weight loss, but you can't drink this tea twice a day, live on burgers and fries, sit and do nothing and expect weight loss (we all wish). :-D
  • danielled6875
    danielled6875 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ajostraat
    ajostraat Posts: 101
    Options
    Here's the deal on cinnamon:

1. Helps to stabilize glucose levels.
    2. Raises metabolism (slightly and temporarily).
    3. Curbs appetite.

Don't forget to also add that it does help with lowering cholesterol too.

Back on topic though - always be suspiscious of *anything* that proposes miracle weight loss! If you do try it (and it sounds interesting enough to try - I love honey and cinnamon!), just be prepared for the worst and hope for the best!
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI, you will not see immediate results by drinking this tea or taking cinnamon supplements. Some people do these things expecting to see results asap, but herbs and natural supplements can take up to months to start working. :)
  • DancingFox
    DancingFox Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Well....while delicious, I don't think this is accurate. I drink cinnamon and honey tea regularly. I WISH it were true, though...heh.