short people and resistance bands

I did Turbo Fire sculpt today and found that with a lot of the moves, I didn't feel like I had any resistance. I have the kind where you can switch out the tubing and the connecting piece is always rubbing on my arms and no matter what I do it feels like I have tons of slack. (i'm 5'0") Does anyone else have problems with the length of resistance bands? Any suggestions?

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Spread legs farther apart and use around and object, chair, door, etc....
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    I have tubes but prefer bands instead. I use yoga and pilates thera-bands. I'm five feet three and one half inches. Have you considered using dumbbells instead?
  • Madmumlee
    Madmumlee Posts: 25 Member
    Stand on the band to make it tighter (giving you less length to pull) - if you see what I mean.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Can you not just get one of those plain bands, like a giant piece of elastic? Then there's no ends to get in the way.
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Not sure about what the exercises are like in that program, but in P90x & Power90, they show you how you can loop the band on the floor, step on it and that effectively shortens it to create more resistance.
  • JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    I'm 5' 1" and I get resistance by looping the bands in my hands.. have you tried that?
  • wagn27
    wagn27 Posts: 65
    The workout does have me standing on the band most of the time. Many moves involve some type of leg/arm combination move. Example: squat with bicep curl. As I squat down, I get more slack and the curl doesn't make up for it. I try stepping further apart but then I feel like my squat form is failing. If I'm just standing still it is ok. I haven't seen bands without handles, but would that be something better?
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    I'm short too, if you can't stand on them to tighten them (depending on the exercise) hold them lower down. It's not as comfortable without the handle but it gets a better burn.
  • MandeeSue
    MandeeSue Posts: 153
    I'm 5' 1" and I get resistance by looping the bands in my hands.. have you tried that?
    Im 4'11" and I do the loop, it really makes a difference !!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    If you have the bands with the handles you can "loop" them around your foot as long as you are standing on it.
  • watch and try this it helped me and I'm 5'0" as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPzHoCJF7j0
  • tjimmerman
    tjimmerman Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2022
    I have the same issues with the tubes. I read that you can tie knots in the bands near the ends, but I also found this - they say it is for when the tube breaks, but you could cut them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdBPuNHC2yI