I wanna be like...G.I. Jane!

Options
Okay.. help me out... I've looked all over the internet.. and I want Demi Moore's workout that helped her get ready for the movie G.I. Jane!! Demi was absolutely a bad *kitten*, kicked *kitten*, and looked spectacular... anyone have any links? I keep getting the movie sites and nothing to do with her before the scenes workouts...

Replies

• bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I don't know what she specifically did, but I'll be it was with a personal trainer. P90X is probably the program that would get you in that kind of shape, though, that's available to the general public. Good luck! :smile:
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Crossfit is very close. My wife's boss just started doing this not too long ago and he loves it. i am finally going to do it this coming Monday as well... wish me luck LOL

http://www.crossfit.com/
  • JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have P90X, I just can't get into it, I don't do well with home workouts... I feel like I have to be in a gym to get any kinda of effort from myself for a good workout... I guess being there holds me accountable... I am a personal trainer so that part is kind of a hit and miss... I can train myself, I would just like to know what she did and I just can't find it!! LOL
  • JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hey GOOD LUCK!! I have a love/hate relationship with crossfit, I love the results hate doing the workout!! But that is actually my next step!! Thanks!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I would imagine that something like P90X and Crossfit are the closest things that come to her training for the movie. If you have the P90X program, but love to workout in the gym you can try this tip. I Googled the P90X Shoulder & Arm routine and printed it out. Then I took it to a UPS store to have it lamenated. I can now do the routine at the gym. You can do the same thing with the Chest & Back routine, etc.
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Have you checked out the Spartan workout? I think it's the plan that actors used to get ready for that movie. It seems quite intense to me and looks like it would result in a GI Jane type body.
  • DGK12
    DGK12 Posts: 117
    Options
    I'd love the same results!! I think P90X is probably the closest (I've started Power 90, and I'll work my way up...). I've also worked it in to do pushups and situps every day, regardless of whatever else I do for the day.

I also found this:
    To prepare for the intense female soldier role, Moore turned to a restricted calorie diet that included plenty of protein and green vegetable sources. Fat burning foods like lean chicken breast, salmon, spinach, and broccoli filled out the actress’ menu. Demi consumed frequent meals throughout the day to help her sustain a fast metabolism. The one diet rule that boosted her lean muscle mass and strength was eating protein at every meal to provide her muscles with nutrients for development.

Source: http://celebrityfitnesstraining.com