Level 2- 30 Day Shred

Options
After doing Level 1 for 5 days, I moved on to Level 2 today- out of sheer boredom. Sweat was POURING down while I did Level 2 exercises. I had to stop thrice- once for a thigh cramp, 2nd because I was plain breathless, 3rd because I really had to drink water! I haven't really mastered Level 1. I just got tired of doing those jumping jacks! I actually found Level 2 to be more enjoyable. I was following Anita most of the times. It's funny how Jillian caught Natalie cheating so many times! :P

Anyone else here who likes Level 2 more than Level 1? I think I will alternate being Level 1 & 2 for now. I still need to learn how to do the unmodified version of squats.

Replies

• Maryv573
    Maryv573 Posts: 4
    Options
    I love this DVD! I have a hard time fitting it in, in the am before work. Seems like 27 minutes is just a little too long to squeeze in before work in the a.m.. I don't care for the jumping jacks either so thanks for the info perhaps I will have to tough it out and then move to level 2! Thanks!!!!
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    actually i enjoy level 3. it seems to go faster somehow
  • sctracy
    sctracy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to hear you like level 2 better! I just finished my 10th day of level one about 5 minutes ago, so I'll be on to 2 tomorrow!
  • literarylin
    Options
    I agree!
  • kadams310
    Options
    I'm doing this DVD as well. I am getting bored with Level 1, but it's still making me sore! So I was going to do 10 days on each level so I could work my way up. The jump rope kills my calves!
  • resptech97
    resptech97 Posts: 147
    Options
    Ive only done the level 1 once. But I do bootcamp at the gym. We do a lot of the same exercises. So I think I would get a better workout from level 2 also. I dont remember having to stop except when doing some lunges and I also got a little cramp. But then I went right back into it!
  • crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    I'm still on Level 1 for 3 more days so I haven't watched level 2, but that's too funny that she catches Natalie cheating. She cheats in Level 1 during the lunge with a bicep curl too :tongue:, and then later on Jillian says something along the lines of, "See, they don't even cheat while I'm up here!" And I want to yell at the tv. I cheat sometimes, but I'm not in half as good in shape as her lol.
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I haven't even done Level 1, just jumped right into level 2. Have done Level 3 only a couple of times so far. I just wish I could mute her & still know what to do next!!!
  • ruhimaach
    ruhimaach Posts: 171
    Options
    Thanks for all your responses :flowerforyou: Glad to know that I'm not the only crazy person! I am hardly fit. I started exercising last weekend after almost a year of doing nothing but light walking. I am scared of even taking a peek at Level 3 right now :P
  • ruhimaach
    Options
    I haven't even done Level 1, just jumped right into level 2. Have done Level 3 only a couple of times so far. I just wish I could mute her & still know what to do next!!!

Oh I felt the EXACT same way yesterday! Her dialogue "Neck is not invited to this party!" cracked me up big time though. In Level 2, she started talking about Jeans shopping :blushing:
  • ruhimaach
    Options
    I'm still on Level 1 for 3 more days so I haven't watched level 2, but that's too funny that she catches Natalie cheating. She cheats in Level 1 during the lunge with a bicep curl too :tongue:, and then later on Jillian says something along the lines of, "See, they don't even cheat while I'm up here!" And I want to yell at the tv. I cheat sometimes, but I'm not in half as good in shape as her lol.

I won't be able to get through the workout without cheating :laugh: Natalie is really annoying, if you ask me! Right in the beginning of Level 1, Jillian tells her something like "Follow Natalie and you'll have abs like her in no time!" and she says "Oh yeah!". I feel like smacking her right there :ohwell: I am yet to hear Anita's voice.
  • ruhimaach
    Options

Nice to know that :flowerforyou: You are probably a pro by now, which is why you don't realize how long you've been working out! I keep glancing at the DVD Player time every now and then :ohwell:
  • ruhimaach
    Options

Nice to know that :flowerforyou: You are probably a pro by now, which is why you don't realize how long you've been working out! I keep glancing at the DVD Player time every now and then :ohwell:
  • Taras630
    Taras630 Posts: 85
    Options
    I love level two so much more! I stayed on level one until I felt like I could handle it. When I started level two i stopped one or two times. I find that it goes so much faster for me than level one. I was one lvl one so long that I remembered like 90% of what Jillian said and would say it while I worked out
  • glcarr65
    glcarr65 Posts: 74
    Options
    I agree I like level 2 much better than 1...
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    i'm on d8 of lvl 2 and i miss lvl 1 hate the pendulum lunges. but i love that i can do the jumping jacks with out stopping.
  • amberlineilene
    Options
    I love Level 2! I've been on Level 2 for about 12 days. The first day of 2 almost killed me. Whenever I am feeling tired , I do Level 1 again! I definitely like Level 2 better!

Good Luck to you on your Shred!