Loving the community and support!

Options
fmktjod
fmktjod Posts: 49 Member
I signed up for MFP a few months ago on referral from a friend. They I got sick so I've not been really active until now. I just discovered how vast and incredible this community is from reading the message boards and from making a few friends. Thought I'd put up a post to introduce myself. I'm looking for female friends and support - thanks for respecting this.

I've been athletic and outdoorsy all my life; hiking, skiing, gymnastics and diving in high School, then aerobics and weights in college. When I moved to LA I began swimming and training for a sprint triathlon (I had a part-time night job and could train all day). I completed the Danskin women’s triathlon and swam on a relay team in the Zuma sprint tri - which I'm really proud of. 135 was my lightest at that time but have never been particularly cut.

In 2000 I started working a full time day-job and staying in shape became more difficult. For 2 years I was able to bike 45 minutes each way to work, which helped maintain my weight tremendously and was SO enjoyable. In 2005 I got my dream job and stopped biking to work because I live close enough to walk.

I work in the food industry and am surrounded by inspiring local produce and healthy food all the time. I'm also a great cook, avid home gardener and come from a family that is passionate about food. I guess you could say I’m a foodie.

In 2001, I also began a personal growth journey, working through some behavioral and emotional issues as well as focusing on spirituality. This deep work led me to feel and heal things I’d avoided my whole life, but the discomfort was so great that I became detached from my body and began soothing with food.

I’ve gained 30 lbs in 10 years and it’s now time to also bring my physical self into a healthier balance with my mind, heart and soul.

Why I Want To Get In Shape
I want to feel strong, healthy and alive. I want to look in the mirror and love what I see!

SW: 174 - March 2011
CW: 173
GW: 150 - October 2011 (for my cousin's wedding in Hawaii)

My Inspirations
Being healthy
Feeling good
Loving myself
MFP stories - you guys are AWESOME!!!

Replies

• chrisc31
    chrisc31 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with your journey! Feel free to add me if you like. The community here is awesome!