do you weigh more in the
evenings because I just got on the scale (I
weigh myself every sunday moring) and
my 5 pounds where back and now I'm sad

Replies

• crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    weigh yourself in the morning after you go to the washroom and before you eat and drink anything.

think about it: getting on the scale this evening after drinking and eating is going to make you weigh more. we all have weight fluctuations during the day and even daily
  • ajostraat
    ajostraat Posts: 101
    Options
    Yes, yes you do. Typically, you will weigh the least in the morning right after using the bathroom.
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Your weight changes throughout the day and throughout the week, which is why they recommend weighing in at the same time once a week. I aim for first thing in the morning before breakfast. Don't be sad!
  • jen051279
    jen051279 Posts: 44
    Options
    yes you weigh more at night. It isok to weigh at night as long as you always weigh at night. I do the mornings because I feel that is when I'm most even.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    You're lightest in the morning. :smile:
  • ajostraat
    Options
    weigh yourself in the morning after you go to the washroom and before you eat and drink anything.

think about it: getting on the scale this evening after drinking and eating is going to make you weigh more. we all have weight fluctuations during the day and even daily

Jinx! :wink:
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    regardless of what time you weigh yourself, be consistent with that time. you will always weigh less in the mornings because most of your food is digested and you are in elimination process (feces and fluids). at night your body is full of food that is either undigested or still in the process of digestion, thus you weigh more.
  • istutzman
    istutzman Posts: 64
    Options
    I only weigh myself in the mornings before eating anything. This will give you a more accurate weight. I have weigh in tomorrow morning. Wish me luck.
  • ajostraat
    Options
    *additional note*

No matter when you weigh yourself, make sure the weight you record your progress is taken at the same time during the day each time you log your weight. That will be your most accurate reflection of your progress weight-wise.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Here's a great thread that explains variations in weight throughout the day.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/160943-why-the-scale-lies
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Yes you do.Weigh in the am.Don`t be sad!!:smile: jane
  • Amandamccl
    Amandamccl Posts: 380
    Options
    I'm kind of going overbord with losing weight I cheek it every hour because I'm so obessesd just because of my boyfriend making remarks about weight example he was picking up and said dang we need a forklift to pick you up (yes I did slap him) remarks like that and he keeps on so he makes me feel bad which makes ne go scale crazy
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I gained 10lbs in 24 hours then on my next weigh day I lost that plus 3. you need to weigh at the same time and day with the same clothes on to get a good reading.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    weigh again in the morning, then just try doing it once a week:flowerforyou:
  • basalmouse
    Options
    I'm kind of going overbord with losing weight I cheek it every hour because I'm so obessesd just because of my boyfriend making remarks about weight example he was picking up and said dang we need a forklift to pick you up (yes I did slap him) remarks like that and he keeps on so he makes me feel bad which makes ne go scale crazy

sounds like you need to drop him like a bad habit... you need someone to support what you are trying to do not make you crazy and have to weigh yourself every hour. Grrrr people like him piss me off!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options

If it were me, I'd call the forklift and have it over there immediately....to carry away his insensitive, uncaring, unsupportive *kitten*. Seriously, someone who can't support you and be kind to you at all times shouldn't be in your life, IMO. :angry:
  • WWW1979
    WWW1979 Posts: 5
    Options
    I need encouragement since I joined this today...."and now I'm sad" we are both going to remember tomorrow is a new day with great possibilities. We can and will win this everyday battle....what to eat and what not to eat-Hang in there!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,234 Member
    Options
    If I remember correctly 8 oz of water weighs half a pound. If you drink as much water as I do through a day, it all by itself will make you weigh more by the evening. Yes you will sweat and pee out some of it, but not all. However, during the night you lose a lot of that water weight. Add to that the food you eat, and suddenly you see why you should not weigh yourself at night as a comparison to what you weigh in the morning.
  • basalmouse
    Options

If it were me, I'd call the forklift and have it over there immediately....to carry away his insensitive, uncaring, unsupportive *kitten*. Seriously, someone who can't support you and be kind to you at all times shouldn't be in your life, IMO. :angry:

Bump glad im not the only one that this upsets!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,234 Member
    Options

He sounds like a real jerk who needs to grow up and be a real man who supports his woman, not tear her down.