Hi! I am New to MyFitnessPal!

Hi Everyone I am new to this site but I think it is great how it counts everything for you and tells you how much you need to eat to lose weight..its great. I am from Ontario Canada. I had a baby 3 years ago and I work full-time and I just can't seem to find the motivation to lose weight. I need to up my activity level but i can't seem to get the energy for it when I come home from work. I am going to try. I was overwight before I had my little girl but not in the places where I have fat now. I have back fat now (which I didn't have before) and just more upper body fat that I didn't have and I know that that is the most unhealthy place to have the extra weight...so I really want to lose it. I hope I can stay motivated.

Replies

• Hi Everyone I am new to this site but I think it is great how it counts everything for you and tells you how much you need to eat to lose weight..its great. I am from Ontario Canada. I had a baby 3 years ago and I work full-time and I just can't seem to find the motivation to lose weight. I need to up my activity level but i can't seem to get the energy for it when I come home from work. I am going to try. I was overwight before I had my little girl but not in the places where I have fat now. I have back fat now (which I didn't have before) and just more upper body fat that I didn't have and I know that that is the most unhealthy place to have the extra weight...so I really want to lose it. I hope I can stay motivated.
  • Welcome!!
  • From one newbie to another, welcome and best of luck!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Welcome!!
  • kahoots
    kahoots Posts: 18 Member
    good luck... we can do it:wink:
  • Well there is one thing I know about baby belly and that is walking is a great way to get rid of it. It is really hard to be a working mom. You need to look at it like this .You deserve 4 hours a week for you. There are 168 hours in a week. We mom's sleep 42 hours if were lucky. 4 hours is not a lot to ask for yourself ! so make time for yourself and you can reach your goal.
    good luck
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Hello Everyone! My name is April and I am new to Myfitnesspal. I'm trying to lose weight to better my health for the years to come, and because I want to be more "fit" for when I get married in October of next year. It would be nice to have a few extra weight loss buddies. I have lots of work to do before I hit my goal weight, but I know I can do it. I exercised twice tonight. Once before I left my moms to come home, and I just got done exercising after eating. It might not be TOO much but its more than its been in the past few months. IF anyones up for some support I am here for you, as long as you are there for me in return. I want to get back under sized 20 atleast before March, IF possible. March is when my mom is taking me to order my dress so, I will be getting fitted. Then I want to maintain or lose a dress size or so between March and October. So wish me luck and I look forward to meeting some wonderful people. :)

April Val :flowerforyou:
  • Thanks! I never thought of it that way and you are right....4 hours is not a lot to ask!..I'll keep you posted.
  • JPRexRun
    JPRexRun Posts: 27 Member
    :flowerforyou: My friend, Shelia, and I just joined myfitnesspal today! We've been SHOCKED at how many calories we actually eat on a daily basis, especially with Starbucks.

I'm trying to lose 10lbs for my wedding next November, and having run a marathon it's really the food intake I'd like to work on.

Being first grade teachers, it's especially difficult to pass on the cupcakes from birthday celebrations, but we're trying really hard!

Best of luck to you all.... especially through the holidays!!!
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Good luck you can do it!!!!