WW...SW...points units.. wats the point in points..

Options
I am so depressed and annoyed with life... I am not loosing weight.. I am not getting Job..Since i dont get job i cant afford to join the EXPENSIVE wgt watchers plan.. Slimming world is economical but really no clue of how it would work.. but i was shocked to know WW is 40 pounds for a month.. oops 39.99pounds.. so much for saving!!!!.. n the best was i asked my trainner at the gym to give me inputs on WW so that i know wat its about n i can join..she turned around n said am sorry its a rule not to leak secrets.. WAOW.. secrets of CIA...so much for help.. then i had a old friend who passed on her WW books to me.. Bless her..:smile: but wats the point i jus dono wat it is.. i mean points..points.. but wats the point..in points ... but then i dono abt core or flexi plan...ITS like.. i know to speak and understand english but if i cant write.. ITS USELES.. ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:grumble: ............ Am broke and jus can find a way.. to top it all am 2 kgs up... i was 60 when i moved to UK and 6 months down i made brilliant progress am 12kgs up... :sad: ... I wish some1.... watever.. forget it...

Replies

• watermelon
    watermelon Posts: 76
    Options
    I am so depressed and annoyed with life... I am not loosing weight.. I am not getting Job..Since i dont get job i cant afford to join the EXPENSIVE wgt watchers plan.. Slimming world is economical but really no clue of how it would work.. but i was shocked to know WW is 40 pounds for a month.. oops 39.99pounds.. so much for saving!!!!.. n the best was i asked my trainner at the gym to give me inputs on WW so that i know wat its about n i can join..she turned around n said am sorry its a rule not to leak secrets.. WAOW.. secrets of CIA...so much for help.. then i had a old friend who passed on her WW books to me.. Bless her..:smile: but wats the point i jus dono wat it is.. i mean points..points.. but wats the point..in points ... but then i dono abt core or flexi plan...ITS like.. i know to speak and understand english but if i cant write.. ITS USELES.. ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:grumble: ............ Am broke and jus can find a way.. to top it all am 2 kgs up... i was 60 when i moved to UK and 6 months down i made brilliant progress am 12kgs up... :sad: ... I wish some1.... watever.. forget it...
  • cnolovechild
    cnolovechild Posts: 179
    Options
    From what people have told me this site is pretty close to the weight watchers plan... I dunno...never did weight watchers...You can do it without it though...a lot of us are doing it without a formal weightloss errr... plan.. :smile:
  • watermelon
    Options
    ...I just hope that i DONT binge.. and work out regularly.. thank you
  • cnolovechild
    cnolovechild Posts: 179
    Options
    The food diary section tells you how many grams or whatever measurement you're using where you are to eat of certain things.....you can use it as a guideline so you don't go over your calories for the day. Don't let things get you down.
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    This site is BETTER than WW. It is the same concept, but calculates actual calories instead of converting them to a "points" system, which I think makes this easier to use in the long run because you can figure out calories when you are out and about instead of trying to convert them to "points" in your mind. Plus, THIS IS FREE!! The calories you burn are also figured in the same way, and I find the users here to be far more supportive - and FUN Don't get discouraged, just stick with this and you won't need to spend a dime. A job will come when it is meant to be - which I know is easy for me to say, but I know from past experience that it's true! Just follow the food and exercise - be honest when entering your points - and things will turn around. We are pulling for you!!!
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    the WW just give you a certain number of "points" for how much you should be eating/day. lets say they gave you 30pnts for a day (mind you ive never done WW, so i dont know exactly how many pnts they give you). Then everything you eat is worth a certain amount of points based on how many carbs, fats, sugars, protiens..etc (total calories) it contains. A lot of foods nowadays actually list how many points they are woth on the package. Then you just keep track of how many points you're eating/day. Its the EXACT same as counting how many CALORIES to eat per day.

Don't get discouraged!!! use what MFP says as your calories to eat for the day. Log your food. and instead of going to WW meetings, join the MFP chat room or read through some of the posts on here. I don't think you need to spend money to lose weight and be healthy. I AM a fitness trainer and if a client asked me to help her with her wt. loss then I would have told them exactly what I told you.

Cant help you with the job part, I just try to every day send out at least 1-2 resume's, keep my options and my mind open. Pray that "higher powers" will guide me in my quest for my "perfect job". And i always try to make connections with people who may know someone hiring.

Do you best, take deep breaths and make a list of all the things that are good in your life right now. Then have a nice lunch/dinner/breakfast depending on your time zone...and start today right!!
  • Reesy
    Reesy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My best friend and I just canceled our weight watchers plan today--the reason-- we found this site. This site is better than weight watchers in my opinion. I'd rather know how many calories I need to eat to lose two pounds a week versus points. This is more positive feedback and I like how the community is set up to have friends and such.

$40 a month is touch much is my opinion to basically go weigh in, sit in a meeting, and use their message boards. I would much rather get this much better information- FREE.

I've been here three days and I really love it. :heart:
  • ShellyBee
    ShellyBee Posts: 117
    Options
    Hey there,

Chin up, I know that seems hard but things will get easier and better. I too have struggled to find good employment and I am currently doing home day care. I love children(with three of my own) and providing daycare is very flexible and almost instant income as you don't have to wait to get your first pay check. You might want to give it a try. It might get you through until you can find something more suitable to your needs.
    In regards to WW, I think it is possible to come up with your own plan that works for you with out WW. If you are looking for the support WW provides I think you will find that you can get that support right here on MFP.
    I am willing to be your weight loss buddy if you are interested, we could help motivate eachother and support eachother when we are feeling a little discouraged.
    I am not sure where you are from but they sell WW frozen dinners that make keeping track of calories easy. I usually have one for lunch.

If your interested here is what I have been doing:

Breakfast:
    Fat Free yogurt
    1 slice of toast
    1tbs peanut butter
    2 coffee's

Lunch:
    WW frozen entre

Snack:
    100 calorie snack packs
    fruit
    veggies

Supper: with family
    Big salad
    veg
    1 cup or 1/2 if not real hungry home made mashed potatoes
    meat of choice.

Don't forget about exercise:
    I do:
    30 minutes 2x a day on my treadmill
    and I walk 30minutes in the evening with my children
    This is what I have been doing for about 3 weeks and I am now down 14.5lbs.
    Good luck and stay positive,
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I have done WW. You can do this site and it is easier and pretty similar. It takes alot of time to research something on WW and figure your points for the day and I just don't have the time to do that. It is easier to pop in here what I eat and see the calories magicly appear and remove or add as I need for that day. You can get WW recipes online and purchase the cookbooks withouth joining the program and get alot of fabulous recipes with the nutrition listed. All in all, don't worry about money, I am broke as well, just use this site. Alot of support and much easier!!! :flowerforyou:
  • watermelon
    Options
    I love u guys... It is motivating when u turn back to see nobody there and then when you look to both sides and watch some1 walking along to make things easier ...thank you so much.. Thats why i still have hope i'd loose wgt cuz there are good and nice pple who exist.. :smile: i shal try and seek help from my slim buddy.. :happy: .. thank you guys.. now i believe in myself and You all.. that i will do gr8..in whatever i do..
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Give this site an honest try....it has worked wonders for myself and many others!!! Just be honest with what you put in your mouth and how much you exercise and you can do it! No fancy gimmics, just healthy eating and exercise! Make this a lifestyle you can live with!!!!
  • watermelon
    Options
    i get knocked down.. but i get up again.. you're never gonna keep me down..
    .....:flowerforyou: ...
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have used weight watchers. I loved it.
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    i get knocked down.. but i get up again.. you're never gonna keep me down..
    .....:flowerforyou: ...

That's the spirit! :wink:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. This is a wonderful site with lots of support and encouragement. I've never used weight watchers but I've lost 25 pounds using only this website. I'll never leave. Good luck in your weight lose journey and good luck in finding a job. If you need to rant or you get discouraged or even when you have good news your new MFP family is here for you.

Betty :flowerforyou:

Btw I love the pic of your baby. Just adorable!! :smile:
  • watermelon
    Options
    well thats the picture i got from somewhere not my baby though... well whenever i plan i sure wud love to have a cute baby like the one in pic... :wink: ... thanks a ton all for the suppport.. n guess wat i got myself a job.. :happy: thank yu