IBS Sufferer? Let's help each other.

Options
12346»

Replies

• amysambora
    amysambora Posts: 219
    Options
    Guys, I seriously think this diet is changing my life! I looked further into the fructose thing and found some information from a great nutritionist here in Australia, Sue Shepherd. She pioneered the 'Low FODMAP Diet': http://shepherdworks.com.au/disease-information/low-fodmap-diet

When i looked at that list it was like a light bulb appeared above my head! I really think this is where my problems lie. I've always known I've been sensitive to lactose and sweeteners, but that list helped put everything together. I've been eating 'low FODMAP' for the past few days and have noticed a HUGE decrease in my symptoms, especially the bloating and cramps. I feel lighter, not so weighed down, and I'm not having to suck my stomach in as much. I had a bit of a flare up yesterday, but I did eat a lot of wheat and some avocado, both of which are on the no-no list. Here's a little more info about what you can and can't eat: http://ibs.about.com/od/ibsfood/a/The-FODMAP-Diet.htm.

There is a book and shopping guide available at Sue's website, currently out of stock until June. I'll just keep doing the best I can until then - I'm so happy I might finally have found my IBS cure!
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Guys, I seriously think this diet is changing my life! I looked further into the fructose thing and found some information from a great nutritionist here in Australia, Sue Shepherd. She pioneered the 'Low FODMAP Diet': http://shepherdworks.com.au/disease-information/low-fodmap-diet

When i looked at that list it was like a light bulb appeared above my head! I really think this is where my problems lie. I've always known I've been sensitive to lactose and sweeteners, but that list helped put everything together. I've been eating 'low FODMAP' for the past few days and have noticed a HUGE decrease in my symptoms, especially the bloating and cramps. I feel lighter, not so weighed down, and I'm not having to suck my stomach in as much. I had a bit of a flare up yesterday, but I did eat a lot of wheat and some avocado, both of which are on the no-no list. Here's a little more info about what you can and can't eat: http://ibs.about.com/od/ibsfood/a/The-FODMAP-Diet.htm.

There is a book and shopping guide available at Sue's website, currently out of stock until June. I'll just keep doing the best I can until then - I'm so happy I might finally have found my IBS cure!

Hmmm ... I've never heard of this before. I'll have to look into it. Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • magglett
    Options
    Hi all. It was such a beautiful day today, warm and sunny. That was all day while I was at work. I was so looking forward to a nice hike ... but alas ... now it's raining, windy, and there's a storm watch. Hmmm ... I guess I'll do my taxes instead for fun. Ugh!!! Well, they are due this weekend after all. I've been struggling this week ... until today ... today was a good eating day. But I haven't been eating right for my IBS and I've been suffering for it. I'm so big in the belly right now ... YIKES!!! Oh well, live and learn I guess. It's hard when everything is going so well and you think ... oh I'm sure I can eat milk products and white flour stuff ... I'm feeling so good ... what can it hurt? Well let me tell you ... PASTA IS EVIL AND SO IS CHEESE!!! LOL
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    oh i hope you feel better soon and that the weather clears up for you, heard there is some really bad stuff in the states at the moment, stay safe x
  • magglett
    Options
    Yes I heard about the States with their Tornados and stuff ... terrible terrible ... I'm in Canada ... we are just experiencing some pretty tough winds right now ... some trees and poles being tipped over and occasional loss of some hydro ... but nothing compared to the States.
  • magglett
    Options
    Hi all ... just popping in to see how we're all holding up. Went to Kensington Market in Toronto on Sunday with my daughter for mother's day, had a lovely time and bought some yummy fresh Brie. Big mistake ... I've been loving it since ... and now it's hating me. My tummy sounds like there's a volcano in there just waiting to errupt. Seriously, why is something I love so much so evil. CHEESE IS EVIL!!!! Hope you're all feeling better then I ... Have a great Tuesday my friends.