los angeles county sunday hikes???

KickassYas
KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
edited September 25 in Fitness and Exercise
if i put the effort in tryin to organize sunday hikes for the LA southern cali area, would anyone actually participate with me???

Replies

• jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Go hike the old ridge route, it's a fun one
  • ChelDM
    ChelDM Posts: 145
    I may be able to go...My boyfriend and I have been talking about hiking for a awhile now..
    www.localhikes.com has some excellent locations...

Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • girlofsun26
    girlofsun26 Posts: 140 Member
    Depending on where they are I might take the drive out there! :)
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Oh how I miss hiking in Fryman Canyon and Griffith Park! :sad:
  • KickassYas

Thats exactly where i wanted to go! its called willacre park! right off of fryman! :D

well i'll be there this monday morning if anyone wants to join me! :D
  • corpus_validum
    corpus_validum Posts: 292 Member
    if i put the effort in tryin to organize sunday hikes for the LA southern cali area, would anyone actually participate with me???

Aw shucks! I live in San Diego now. I do miss some of those LA hikes like Fryman Canyon (used to live in Studio City) and Griffith Park. Couple others to consider are the trails in Topanga State Park. You can even hike the backbone trail all the way to Will Rogers State Park.
  • ChelDM
    ChelDM Posts: 145

Thats exactly where i wanted to go! its called willacre park! right off of fryman! :D

well i'll be there this monday morning if anyone wants to join me! :D

I can only make it on weekends but keep me posted.
    Thanks again!
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    I wanna go!!!!! If I leave now I should be able to be there by Monday....lol
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    I love hiking.... I usually hike in Griffith park... & I'm actually planning to do one in PV this Sunday... since I haven't hiked in a while... & it's gonna be a nice weekend
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    I love hiking.... I usually hike in Griffith park... & I'm actually planning to do one in PV this Sunday... since I haven't hiked in a while... & it's gonna be a nice weekend

Awww.. I thought I was going to get a cheering section at Warrior Dash on Sunday.. :tongue:
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Awww sorry Panda bear.... the hike was already in the plans.... wasn't sure if it will go thru....but I guess my friends decided to do the hike instead of going to the Warrior dash:cry::sad: :ohwell:
  • KickassYas
    we should totally plan a sunday hike.
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    ME!!! oooh, pick me teacher! Pick me!

I'd love to do this. I usually hike in the Dalton Canyon area, but I could make it to Griffith Park or other spots. Saturdays work a little better for me, but I can do Sunday. (Not this Sunday - my pastor got after me for slacking and I promised him I'd be in the pew this coming Sunday morning. :blushing: Is there a defensive icon on here? :wink: ) But I love to hike and it would be nice to have hiking buddies.
  • KickassYas
    if anyone is available i'm hiking Wilacre Park off Laurel Cyn in Studio City @ 10:30 am :p

you're welcome to join me! :D

next time we will schedule a sunday hike :D
  • girlofsun26
    girlofsun26 Posts: 140 Member
    Dang! I really need to start coming back and reading where I have posted..I totally would have come with you! Ugh BOOO to me!!!
  • KickassYas
    Dang! I really need to start coming back and reading where I have posted..I totally would have come with you! Ugh BOOO to me!!!

well chickie we're gonna do another real soon! I'll let you all know when we do :D
  • KickassYas
    anyone interested in joining in on a monday hike? this monday morning i'm gonna be hiking Wilacre Park its easy and beautiful! :)
  • KickassYas
    HIKE ON SUNDAY!! 06/19/2011 Ice house canyon in mt baldy. anyone want to come along?
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    HIKE ON SUNDAY!! 06/19/2011 Ice house canyon in mt baldy. anyone want to come along?

Wait... Which day? :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.