Oh Dear!

Options
This site looks entirely like people are having too much fun. Much more fun that what I'm supposed to be doing. I've spent 45 minutes reading through posts and feeling the warmth of the group. I love the support and humor. It looks as if good support systems are formed here.

I updated my profile. I have lost 60 lbs (over two years) in the past - after my son was born after three months on bed rest with my mom feeding me. My son had major life-threatening medical issues so my getting out for exercise early on in his life was extremely impractical... but eventually he got healthier and so did I. I maintained that loss for six years no problem.

I also went back to college while watching the kids during the day and working at night. I got my A.S., then my B.A., and now am starting my third year of grad school. My children and husband are very supportive. But sometimes live takes unexpected turns. Due skyrocketing stress and less time for exercise I put on about 10 lbs. I did some exercise. I sort of watched what I ate...but still, I"m 10 lbs more than I want to be and 10 lbs more than where I perform better in my daily life.

So here I am. Four or five days into this two pounds have vanished. Hurray!

Replies

• jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    This site looks entirely like people are having too much fun. Much more fun that what I'm supposed to be doing. I've spent 45 minutes reading through posts and feeling the warmth of the group. I love the support and humor. It looks as if good support systems are formed here.

I updated my profile. I have lost 60 lbs (over two years) in the past - after my son was born after three months on bed rest with my mom feeding me. My son had major life-threatening medical issues so my getting out for exercise early on in his life was extremely impractical... but eventually he got healthier and so did I. I maintained that loss for six years no problem.

I also went back to college while watching the kids during the day and working at night. I got my A.S., then my B.A., and now am starting my third year of grad school. My children and husband are very supportive. But sometimes live takes unexpected turns. Due skyrocketing stress and less time for exercise I put on about 10 lbs. I did some exercise. I sort of watched what I ate...but still, I"m 10 lbs more than I want to be and 10 lbs more than where I perform better in my daily life.

So here I am. Four or five days into this two pounds have vanished. Hurray!
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Woot!! Congrats on the weight loss thus far, and welcome to the MFP family!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jsmalla
    jsmalla Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Glad to have you here. I love your story. Way to go!
  • tweety3
    tweety3 Posts: 118
    Options
    You will find GREAT support here!! you are a trooper and I know you will do great!! Here's to shedding those pounds!:drinker:
  • ShellyBee
    ShellyBee Posts: 117
    Options
    great job
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I love your story, very inspirational. :flowerforyou:
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome! I'm very happy to have found you all.