STARTING TO GET COMPLIMENTS

Options
Jenn070608
Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
I am starting to get alot of compliments on my weight loss. My Zumba instructer has even made a few comments to me. I usually just say "Thank you, I am really working very hard at it" Does that sound okay to say? I don't want to feel, well, like I am showing it off. Especially because I am in Biggest Loser contest at work and I think I am losing alot more than others in the contest. What do you think?

Replies

• shawny519
    shawny519 Posts: 20
    Options
    I think it's fine, you should be proud of what you've done :)
  • Hikaroo
    Hikaroo Posts: 16
    Options
    What you are saying is absolutely okay. If you were showing off, you'd be bragging about how much you have lost, and continue to go on and on and on about it.
    You're being appreciative of their comment, and admitting that it's hard work.
    Good for you on your weightloss! :D
  • MissSjolin
    MissSjolin Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I say the same thing sometimes lol! Congrats on the loss :)
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    I normally just say thank you and wear a big smile the rest of the day :)
    it's the best feeling in the world.
    a girl in my major told my friend the other day that I was looking really good! and she doesnt give very many compliments at all!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I think you should shout it off the rooftop...it's a huge accomplishment...one to be PROUD off
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! It's great to learn how to take a compliment. Hard to do sometimes, but when you deserve them, accept them! They're bound to keep coming now!!!!!
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have joined the biggest loser challenge at my work,it started in January ,and I joined mfp about two weeks after it started. But I have lost more then the person in lead right now!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!