Love Handles

Options
How can I get rid of them?

Replies

• Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    that is very easy to do. i have two good exercises to help with that.
    1. a. stand with plenty of space and feet sholder length apart
    b. put one arm up in the air and bend in the opposite direction.
    c. go as far as you can go and count to ten
    d. switch arms and do the other side
    note: you should feel your side get tight

2. a. get in push up position.
    b. left one leg and arm off the ground and turn so that your body is side ways with one arm and leg up in the air and the other arm and leg on the ground supporting yourself
    c. put the arm that is in the arm under your stomach and turn in wards.
    d. go back to the starting position and repeat
    e. to several sets on one side then switch sides.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest with you: you may not be able to without surgery. Some people's genetics are just like that. My younger sister & I are perfect examples. She has a PERFECT Barbie-Doll type figure, she works out every day PLUS she's a PT so works out at work :tongue: . He biggest problem has always been the "handles" - no matter what she does they are always there. I am a larger build than her and when I was fat I had them, too. The only thing is that as I'm losing weight mine are disappearing, in fact almost gone at this point (I'm still about 10lbs from goal).

The thing is that genetics have a big part in this. I got my Mum's genetics where I am predisposed to be over-weight & have HUGE hips and my Sister got our Dad's genetics which is SUPER fast metabolism, slim-athletic figure but the down side are where the fat storage centers are placed per our DNA make-ups. You can do exercises to build muscle & help combat some of the fat & also some dietary changes that cut out certain foods that may cause your body to be predisposed to store fat in those centers. Both of us do Jillian Michaels workouts and are seeing changes in our bodies that we didn't think possible (especially since we are both in our 30's) so maybe checking out her "30-day shred", "No more Trouble Zones" or "Six-week six-pack" may be a good idea to see if you can strengthen those problem areas (I mix between all 3 & have already seen changes in the last 2 weeks & Sis's abs are getting ridiculously cut & her handles are actually starting to go away).

Please also remember that you cannot "spot-treat" ANY area of your body - this isn't like cleaning a stain on your laundry, it's all or nothing. Ease into it and work your body, mind & soul together. It WILL take time, however, it WILL also be worth it in the long run. When I look back on a year ago today and where I am now, it has DEFINITELY been worth the journey and there is still a long road to travel... I'm looking forward to it, though :flowerforyou:
  • cmowat13
    cmowat13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CherylYMerritt
    CherylYMerritt Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    running! mine fell off!
  • mollymoo89
    mollymoo89 Posts: 202
    Options
    Bump
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Get a good set of RESISTANCE BANDS from WalMart (sporting goods dept.). Low cost. Very good results. Just follow the routine on the chart that comes in the package. Also, you need at least 30 minutes of cardio activity that keeps your heart up at TARGET RATE for 4-5 days/week. I'm doing it, and I'm 73.

Claire

:)
  • iamthepreston
    iamthepreston Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest with you: you may not be able to without surgery. Some people's genetics are just like that. My younger sister & I are perfect examples. She has a PERFECT Barbie-Doll type figure, she works out every day PLUS she's a PT so works out at work :tongue: . He biggest problem has always been the "handles" - no matter what she does they are always there. I am a larger build than her and when I was fat I had them, too. The only thing is that as I'm losing weight mine are disappearing, in fact almost gone at this point (I'm still about 10lbs from goal).

The thing is that genetics have a big part in this. I got my Mum's genetics where I am predisposed to be over-weight & have HUGE hips and my Sister got our Dad's genetics which is SUPER fast metabolism, slim-athletic figure but the down side are where the fat storage centers are placed per our DNA make-ups. You can do exercises to build muscle & help combat some of the fat & also some dietary changes that cut out certain foods that may cause your body to be predisposed to store fat in those centers. Both of us do Jillian Michaels workouts and are seeing changes in our bodies that we didn't think possible (especially since we are both in our 30's) so maybe checking out her "30-day shred", "No more Trouble Zones" or "Six-week six-pack" may be a good idea to see if you can strengthen those problem areas (I mix between all 3 & have already seen changes in the last 2 weeks & Sis's abs are getting ridiculously cut & her handles are actually starting to go away).

Please also remember that you cannot "spot-treat" ANY area of your body - this isn't like cleaning a stain on your laundry, it's all or nothing. Ease into it and work your body, mind & soul together. It WILL take time, however, it WILL also be worth it in the long run. When I look back on a year ago today and where I am now, it has DEFINITELY been worth the journey and there is still a long road to travel... I'm looking forward to it, though :flowerforyou:

Yes genetics play a huge role. In my late 20's I had ripped abs and love handles. Just how my body is put together.

I am trying to lose weight but I am also doing a lot of lat work to help counter the genes.