Afternoon workouts - do you plan to eat accordingly?

Options
I'm curious - I do cardio anywhere between 3-4pm. Because that is so late in the day, do most of you people who workout later in the day eat more during the day in anticipation that you will be burning off those cals later on?

For instance, tomorrow I would like to work out in between engagements tomorrow (work and a party at 6pm). I might be able to, so I'd like to up my food intake to supplement for it, but if I can't get off of work early, then I just ate a ton of unnecessary food.

Replies

• christinaberlyn
    christinaberlyn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome question because I just sent someone a message asking them the same exact thing. Sorry I don't have an answer but hopefully somebody does because I would LOVE to know too!! lol
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the question/ Bump
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I usually use mine for a bedtime snack... or I just use them as a bonus for the day. It really depends on my appetite.
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm never entirely sure if I'm going to be able to work out in the afternoon/evening. I usually eat as though I'm not going to, and then if I can, I have a larger dinner, or a snack after my workout (banana with peanut butter, for example).

....though I am also a craft beer fiend and have been known to drink my workout calories. Perhaps not the wisest decision, but it's for sure my biggest vice. :)
  • crazymom4
    crazymom4 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    for me i eat 1800 calories irregardless of my workout... i am on adouble routi e so i am doig p0x and turbo fire daily, so i know that i am burning anywhere from 350 top 1000 calorie in a day, i try to make up my diary in the am it works better for me to get my workouts out of the way in the am i find i eat better throughout the day when i do:)i also find that i am not as hungry after a worjout so i have to be careful how late i workout cause i tend to skip meals if i interrupt meals due to worjkouts

best advice is keep track of how much u burnn and round it off to a middle number and base y0ur calories around that! hope this helps
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I know in advance exactly what workout I will be doing, and approximately (within 200 calories) how much I will burn. 3 night a week, I don't run until at leat 9:00, and I have a 700-800 calorie burn. I eat more all day long in preparation, because not working out isn't an option for me; and not eating exercise calories also isn't an option! :)