What happens to stretch marks when you loose weight?

Options
Do they shrink,fade away, or what? I have a lot on my stomach from my kids. Also up on my arms.

Replies

• krisvtx8777
    krisvtx8777 Posts: 163
    Options
    Unfortunately mine turned to wrinkles.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Use lots and lots of moisterizer--shea or cocoa butter--to help minimize them.
  • Kforest0714
    Kforest0714 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    BUmp
  • geekgrrl84
    Options
    Unfortunately mine became more visibie, but I have really fair and sensitive skin so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Plus every person is different, hopefully yours will diminish with the help of some creams like suggested above!
  • ashleighlvschris
    Options
    Bump........mine on my stomach are huge....:-( I don't want to have a nasty looking stomach when the weight comes off.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I have been using Bio Oil ALOT (like daily) and it has helped TONS! I had watermelon tummy after my son, and stretch marks elsewhere from weight gain over my life (yes I know Im only 23) but I moisturized my entire pregnancy and wish I had used Bio Oil!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Fair warning its not cheap. $23 for a 4.4 ozs bottle it lasts me 3 weeks though using on my entire body (except face)
  • cmowat13
    cmowat13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LYNNPETTY93
    Options
    same here and they got lighter. My fiance calls them light wave lines.
    Just thankful to see them light and not dark. I hardly notice them.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Mine got way more noticeable. I can't afford any of the good stretch mark moisturizers, so I can't recommend anything other than staying covered up. lol
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm mine have improved ALOT over time, when I was pregnant I wil always remember the midwife being shocked and remarking 'oh my they're really bad' .... no kidding thanks for that lol You need to moisturise/exfoliate etc keep them in good condition, I used Strivectin at the end of last year and that again helped them to improve but I still think when I lose my belly it'll look like the tide's just gone out :ohwell:
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options

ditto. I have lots on my stomach and it's annoying and they are not going anywhere. I'm trying to come to terms with them, lol
  • carinalewis
    Options
    i know everyone says this but i was the worst one for pulling a face when they said it ' be proud of them you got a beautiful baby at the end of the day' well in my case 4 beautiful baby boys and the last one killed my body off completely lol, im worrying about the weight first and then will worry about the stretch marks, i found a spray tan works wonder though
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    They wrinkle up in my experience.
  • kgillikin
    kgillikin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Fair warning its not cheap. $23 for a 4.4 ozs bottle it lasts me 3 weeks though using on my entire body (except face)

Where do you get that at?