4 month progress pics

Options
gp79
gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
This isn't a before / after but instead a progress photo.

This was taken 20 November 2011 @ 270'ish lbs. At this point I'd already lost 23lbs primarily from running regularly since April 2010, however I wasn't counting calories, nor did I know MFP even existed.

3548106_4919.jpg

This was taken today (31 March 2011) @ 240lbs. I've been using MFP for about 76 days straight. Running 5 days per week and eating a cleaner diet. I've got another 5 - 10 lbs to lose and I'm swapping my routine to 3 days weight training and 2 days running.

3548106_6545.jpg

My keys to success:

- Clean out items in your house that contain High Fructose Corn Syrup and Partially Hydrogenated Oils (replace them with healthy alternatives)
- Learn about your body and the number and type of calories it needs in a day
- Be accountable to at least someone or something
- Set attainable goals
- Learn about nutrition and make sustainable changes in your diet.

If you're active on MFP, log all your food, have a diary available and want to network with others who do the same. Please consider adding me as a friend. Together we become stronger.

Replies

• jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing difference, good job:)
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Wow. Terrific progress!!! :drinker: You have done very well, and I definitely agree with everything on you list of keys to success!!
  • cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    Options
    You look amazing. Great progress pics. I currently do Turbo Fire and started day 1 of Insanity yesterday. I love Turbo Fire but I know Insanity wil get me to my goal weight. Great job, and thanks for sharing
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    WHOA!! Thats incredible! If not for the tat you'd be unrecognizable! Congrats man!
  • ajax03
    ajax03 Posts: 96
    Options
    You look PHENOMENAL! Thanks for sharing your progress with us! You summed up your experience (and advice for the rest of us, I should say) rather nicely! :smile:
  • tracyb1227
    Options
    wow.....you should really be proud of yourself.
  • gp79
    Options
    Thanks for the pos. reinforcement! I've always had a good positive attitude at any weight but I feel generally healthier now, energy levels are much higher and I'm a bit lighter on my feet :)
  • mogenfire
    mogenfire Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Wow! Nicely done!
  • weirdmommy
    weirdmommy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Awesome pictures. How proud are you??? I think it's great....and I wanna be just like you:]
    I need to try your cleaner eating... I"m going to look at my cupboards:] thank you...
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Congrats you've done an excellent job and keep it up!!
  • Losershawn
    Losershawn Posts: 152
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the inspiration! You look great!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    That's a GREAT progress picture! Your abs are looking fantastic - are you working on those in particular or did that all happen through running?
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! =) What a difference and in only 4 months! Very inspiring! =):happy:
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Wow! Well done you!!
  • tckelly
    tckelly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I see a 6-pack starting to bust out :smile:

Awesome progress!!!
  • Septembergirl23
    Septembergirl23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You look great! I think I need to work running into my routines. It does seem to burn the fat better.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    You are looking incredibly lean. The next phase is going to be even more impressive I bet. Keep on moving!
  • gp79
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I haven't specifically been focusing on abdominal work at all, but I have been in the Army for the past 13 years so it kind of comes with the territory (doing situps). Usually once a week I'll do a bunch of leg lifts (legs straight as possible and knees / ankles together) and oblique / crunches at the end of a random workout. Currently leg lifts are my favorite. I don't have a set number, I just go until It hurts so bad I can't easily stand up and take the first few steps. Again it's only once a week, and they're still hiding, haha.

Anything core related will be good for your abs. The exercise ball is a wonderful tool for core work. Have you ever surfed on a exercise ball? Good stuff.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Wow, great progress!!!!!! Keep it up!!!!!
  • mariesa2011
    Options
    wow! you look amazing! great work :o) i'm running 5 days a week, and i am looking forward to seeing results like this in the future. you've been so inspiring to me thus far...keep up the awesome work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!