showering with insects.

Options
BunnybeeJG
BunnybeeJG Posts: 344 Member
I feel ... exposed, I feel violated... all because of a crane fly.

You've seen em.. at least if you live on the westcoast. Let me describe these monsters to everyone else. They look like mosquitos. GIANT mosquitos. as someone who grew up in IL, I remember mosquitos.. those annoying *kitten* that suck your blood and leave marks that itch on you for days.
They're usually small pesky things... imagine them five times bigger.

Today sucked, I felt abandoned because i'm an IDIOT, and then midshift at work my coworker and friend got canned. shocked. to say the least. i felt defeated today... by everything. I went to the gym, I managed to work out a little not as much as i needed or wanted... but then... i came home. decided all i need... is a nice... hot ... shower. clean pjs, and just to relax. sounds easy right?
yeah.
enter my mini panic attack.

Naked, reaching for the towel, glasses off everythings always kinda blurry so its easy to think.. yeah i imagined that something flew past my face... til i put my hair in a towel and went for the other towel.
Then I saw it. my brain...melted from the day didn't quite grasp what i just saw but i flipped out covered myself and ran out of the bathroom ran up the stairs got dressed really quick and went back downstairs...
carefully.
cracking the door open a little, just to catch a glimpse I could see it flittering around by the shower.

Bugs give me panic attacks. these bugs, much like the giant cockroaches out here... make me want to crawl into bed and hide forever.... they terrify me. for no reason. but they do.

it just seems like today was supposed to be disasterous.
I'm heartbroken.
my heart aches...

Replies

• JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry :( Earwigs do that to me. It's so disgusting.

Maybe you can try your relaxing night again tonight?
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Im SO SORRY about your job!!!! That is awful!! You have every right to feel stressed out about everything. Dont let it get you down too much, and when one door closes, another one opens, just remember that ok?
  • BunnybeeJG
    Options
    Im SO SORRY about your job!!!! That is awful!! You have every right to feel stressed out about everything. Dont let it get you down too much, and when one door closes, another one opens, just remember that ok?

i didn't get fired.
    I actually picked up a few more hours and i feel like ****e that i took them because i know that at least one of the shifts i was taking over was his. I miss him already and I cried about it while i was at work after he left. He was like a brother to me... a rock when the customers got really mean...no no.. i think for now i'm fine but who knows.

all i knwo is that i commandeered the bathroom... the bug is in toilet heaven... *sorry bug... * and the bathroom is at least clear now... i don't have to hold in my piss.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I hate bugs. I freak out and turn into a panicking child when I see one. Sorry bunnybee, but know that MFP loves you!
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I've always encouraged my dogs to bug hunt. I have boxers and since they like to smack things. that's perfect bug squishing behavior. :D

so it ends up like this "Kira look a bug!!" *Kira jumps around the bug a few seconds, plays with it, then stomps on it as hard as she can*

Kinda fun that way. ;)
  • BunnybeeJG
    Options
    I've always encouraged my dogs to bug hunt. I have boxers and since they like to smack things. that's perfect bug squishing behavior. :D

so it ends up like this "Kira look a bug!!" *Kira jumps around the bug a few seconds, plays with it, then stomps on it as hard as she can*

Kinda fun that way. ;)

ya... my fat cat just looks at me like i'm crazy when i want her to actually EAT a bug or kill it accidently... she looks at me with this look like... ok. no. and then walks away.
    stupid fat btch. she's lucky i love her so much lol

ya i turn into a child. i remember having headlice in 7th grade but... i am fairly certain i blocked out everything but the knowledge that i had it. because of my little sister.

my cat will play with anything til you tell her to go after it.
  • BunnybeeJG
    Options
    i really hate bugs...:grumble:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    sounds like a skeeter eater. (As my family calls them.) They eat the mosquitoes, they're our friends! They can't hurt or bite you, even though they're big.

I promise!
  • BunnybeeJG
    Options
    sounds like a skeeter eater. (As my family calls them.) They eat the mosquitoes, they're our friends! They can't hurt or bite you, even though they're big.

I promise!

ya... um spiders ate mosquitos too... doesn't make me like em any more.

i know they are harmless they don't suck your blood they really are kinda... useless but, still.

they freak me out.
  • EdAmundson
    Options
    I wea a size men's 14 shoe. My wife uses them as bug spattererz. Pretty intense. She goes totally ape even over moths.,,
  • WinKitty
    WinKitty Posts: 119
    Options
    I'm sorry! That sucks!

My sister panics over moths.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Eeeeewwww! I know how you feel. Bugs freak me out too. Usually at least once or twice during the summer we'll get a big fly in our office at work and it just creeps me out to no end. . My cats are really good about alerting to spideys at home so they do come in handy at times. I don't know what I'll do when my son eventually moves out again. It'll be up to me to get rid of the big scary spideys. (shudder!!)

I'm so glad you're ok now though.
  • BunnybeeJG
    Options
    I'm sorry! That sucks!

My sister panics over moths.

ME TOO i ... i hatebugs.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Crane flies are sweet. They don't bite. They just live their lives, minding their own business. That can't help being gross.
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF THOSE. OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD.