New member that HATES mornings

Options
fuego84
fuego84 Posts: 35 Member
Hello everyone! I have been overweight my whole life, obese for the majority of it, and this past year I moved to a new town to be with my fiance and left my somewhat active life behind for a very sedentary one. I've gained approximately 40 pounds since I've moved bringing me up to 272lbs. I have to change! I'm working really hard on changing what I eat which is difficult since I love to eat fattening, easy food and I'm not much of a cook. As far as working out I pretty much have to do it in the morning before work because I work 10+ hour days and when I get home I really don't want to do anything other than relax. But my problem is that I absolutely despise mornings. Does anyone have any tips for me to get my *kitten* out of bed earlier in the morning to get my workouts in?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Have everything sitting ready the night before. get straight into your gym gear and Just Do It!
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    go to bed early, set your alarm 2 hours earlier than usual so the first time it goes off you will snooze then the second time you wont have been in such a deep sleep beause you know that its about to go off again and then slowly push yourself using your will power. You only need 30 mins in the morning to make a huge difference in your life and then you wont feel so bad when you dont exercise in the evenings when you will be more tired.

Good luck xxx
  • DeannaMang
    DeannaMang Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have everything sitting ready the night before. get straight into your gym gear and Just Do It!

This is what I do too. :smile: Just remember it takes a while to get into a routine! But once you do, exercising in the morning isn't so bad! I'm finding that it's a great way to start the day and it gives me lots of extra energy!
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    You just have to do it. The first week or two will be horrible, but now I wake up at 4am every day no problem! Figure out something that works for you and be patient with yourself, you'll be fine =)
  • lilscotslass
    Options
    Get someone to go with you! Maybe your fiance? Even if you're both not morning people knowing that someone else is expecting you to be at the gym for 7am or something makes you more likely to go.
  • greatvic
    greatvic Posts: 13
    Options
    Find something you enjoy doing and it will be easier to wake up to do it. I love walking in the AM. It will be hard the first couple of days but your body will crave the exercise and the feeling you have after that it will get easier!! Remember that it takes about 21 days to make it a habit so just stick with it and it will pay off!! Good luck and you will love mornings soon enough lol
  • Focusonfifty
    Focusonfifty Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    During the day take breaks and go for walks, even if just for 15 minutes. Walking is good exercise, also try using the stairs as opposed to the elevator. As for the mornings, the hardest part is getting out of bed, once that's done you're good. You'll notice how energized you'll be after an a.m workout. It just makes you feel like you can handle anything that comes your way. Walk walk walk, the easiest form of exercise to include in your daily activities. Also if you enjoy dancing, put on some music and dance like no-one's watching. By the way I do all of the above.
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I didn't post the thread, but thanks all the same for all the tips! I drag myself out of bed every morning around 6:45, but would love to get some of my strength training or a video in before work. I'm going to try these tips myself for next week. Thanks!