2 pounds gained and feel like i'm failing

Options
I have gained two pounds in about 1 week! maybe a little longer. Haven't been too well for a week so thinking this may have something to do with it, but i feel vile and don't feel motivated at all.

Hair is horrible, feel pale and spotty and generally just feel like i need a boost.

Just wondering what vegetarian friendly foods i can eat to really get me back on top and lift my spirits. I am so tired all the time and can't be bothered with anything.

for breakfast i have eaten the worlds thickest white toast so not a good start to the day!

:)

Replies

• phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! Over last weekend - just 3 days - I managed to gain 4lbs. I couldnt believe it. Ok so I may have had a few too many beers and yummy stuff to eat, but I didnt expect that much of a gain.

You sound like you need to get on top of your iron levels.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    if you're a vegetarian, you need to be ultra careful with your diet. It sounds, just from your symptoms, like you're not getting enough micronutrients (vitamins and minerals), you could be anemic or vitamin B12 deficient, but other vitamin deficiencies can cause this too, also fat intake being to low can affect hair and skin (along with other, more serious problems). Remember that you need to get in not only enough protein, but enough vitamins, minerals, and fats (as well as calories as a whole) in order to maintain health. You don't have much to lose, so trying to lose it in a short period is a bad idea IMHO.

Also, side note, 2 lbs is well within your body's range of daily fluctuation (water weight and/or waste), I wouldn't worry about a 2 lb gain unless you keep that gain for 3 or 4 weeks.
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    how odd, iv noticed this too, after a few weeks of being good i got a cold, and 3 weeks later im finding it hard to motivate myself and my hair is dry and my skin is getting spotty..... i just put this down to being run down at work etc.

have you considered vitamins? Try and give yourself a clean diet of fresh fuits and veg and loads of water. Maybe you should see a gp about what you may be lacking in your diet.

I am about to start taking extra vitamin b, for some reason this is the one that i never pay much attention to. Im sure in a coupoke of weeks youll feel your old self again.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    oh, and just an FYI, forget using supplements (vitamin supplements) to round out your vitamins. The human body doesn't expect it's nutrients this way, most of them are just flushed out with waste when you take massive doses of a vitamin or mineral (like when you take it in pill form). You really need to eat or at least drink your vitamins and minerals, supplements should only be taken to "top off" your levels, I.E. the last 3 to 5% of need.
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    You sound like you also need more protein and vitamins/minerals. If your body feels off, then your body is telling you something.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Could be monthly time too.