Pets?

Options
124»

Replies

• IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Yep... my little Saugy (named after the yummy Rhode Island hot dog brand) is the pirate princess in my avatar. She's spoiled rotten, too smart for her own good, and light of my and my hubby's life :)
  • lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have a little terrier mix that I rescued from the local dog pound. Her name is Sunshine and she is about 1 years old. We had a Cocker Spaniel (that we also rescued) -He was 20 1/2 years old when we had to put him down a year ago last October. We had a hard time dealing with losing him. He was a great dog. We waited several months before we got Sunshine.

Sunshine is younger and full of energy. It has been quite a change - she is a good dog, but at times we still miss our Cocker Spaniel, Jasper. We've been considering getting a companion for Sunshine. Our friends say that their dogs get along much better during the day when they have a friend.

What are your thoughts? Should we get a friend for Sunshine???
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I have a cat, Seti, named after the Egyptian god of chaos & mischief. He will be 3 in a few weeks. His mother was dumped out by my parents' place, and a month later I delivered three kittens under the kitchen sink. :-) Seti is the love of my life. He's so easygoing, I can walk him on a leash and he even goes to the Renaissance Festival with me. I have some pics in my profile.
  • sparkysprite
    sparkysprite Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have pets - not furry ones though. We have 6 bearded dragons, 4 of them rescues. I cannot have furry animals due to allergies, so we have spikey pets instead!
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    We have 2 pets...we have a 9 year old Bichon (she will be 10 on December 23rd 2011) and a siamese cat. Our dogs name is "winter's Precious Moment" due to when she was born and we just call her Precious. She thinks my 7 year old daughter belongs to her. If we get onto my daughter, precious will bark at us for our attempt at our daughter LOL. Our siamese cat's name Sagwa (after the cartoon) and she is 5 years old now. She is a crazy cat and our 3 year old twin boys will pick at her until she runs away but she isn't smart enough to know NOT to run back to them..
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I have a Siberian Husky named Aspen. He is 3 years old. He is my running buddy! A big baby and he has the gorgeous Husky blue eyes. His original owners lived in Florida and it was just to hot. So they sent him to Maine to live with the owners father. The father had two black labs and Aspen didn't get along with them. They posted an ad in the uncle henry's that he was free to a good home. They brought him over to the house so we could meet him. He instantly took to the girls. At the time the baby was 6 months old and he was attached to her. He would lay on the floor and she would crawl over and lay on him. He is extremely protective of the girls but a fun loving dog too. I couldn't imagine our lives without him.

I have two cats. Sheera, she is my fatty cat, I adopted her from the humane society when she was about a year old. Alice my skinny cat. Alice I got as a kitten and her favorite place to sleep is on me and Sheera in front of me. They are all my babies! Plus my three kids and hubby! ooh and we have a gecko name Lizzie! She is my husbands. My 3 year old insisted she is a lizard and that we had to name her Lizzie
  • KrystalLight03
    Options
    Ginger Jean, Golden Retriever, 10 yrs old (11 at the end of August)...hopefully she lives long enough to see and live on my parents new farmland. I know that she'd love it. (please ignore the sign, it's the outdoor entertaining "smoker's butts" ash tray station)
    Ginger.jpg

Daisy Belle Maisy, Papillion, 5 yrs old. I like to say that we "rescued" her from the pet store (Petland) where she was suffering from a bad case of kennel cough that ruptured her tear ducts. She's our princess, 100% lapdog that wants nothing but to be pampered. The picture came out orange-ish, but she has sable brown coloring.
    Daisy2.jpg

Molly Monster, Schnoodle Terrier Mix, 3 yrs old. She was our true "rescue" dog. Smallest of a litter of 9, and the only white one in the bunch. The mother turned on the puppies immediately after birth and they had to be bottle-fed until they were old enough to go away to good, loving homes. We bonded immediately. She is my spoiled baby.
    Molly.jpg

Krystal's Little Missy, Sheltie, died at 16 yrs old. As the name indicates, she was my dog and the best friend a girl could ever ask for. I got her when I was 3 after we had moved to a new city, and she instantly became protective of me and never left my side. I knew she was in poor health as I was getting ready to leave for college, and I begged my parents to put her to sleep so I could say goodbye. They said I was crazy and that she was happy, then laughingly called me a dog killer. My step-dad was about to leave for work one morning when he found she had passed away. She was found in my bedroom...two days after I left for college.
    Missy.jpg
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    i have a Brindle Pit Bull and her name is Raven Girl. She was a stray that my friend took in off the street. She was only about 7mnths and already had scars and wounds on her head, face and eye. I nursed her back to health and she is now almost 4 yrs old and 56lbs. She needs to lose a few, maybe I should create her an account on here! haha! She is the sweetest dog and i love her to death!! I will add some pics to my profile! :smile:
  • mccaugkm
    mccaugkm Posts: 29
    Options
    I have a little terrier mix that I rescued from the local dog pound. Her name is Sunshine and she is about 1 years old. We had a Cocker Spaniel (that we also rescued) -He was 20 1/2 years old when we had to put him down a year ago last October. We had a hard time dealing with losing him. He was a great dog. We waited several months before we got Sunshine.

Sunshine is younger and full of energy. It has been quite a change - she is a good dog, but at times we still miss our Cocker Spaniel, Jasper. We've been considering getting a companion for Sunshine. Our friends say that their dogs get along much better during the day when they have a friend.

What are your thoughts? Should we get a friend for Sunshine???

Wow! 20 1/2 what an amazing life!! I have a friend who has a 10 month old Cavalier and she just got a 10 week old pup as well. The two play well together, and the older one has become a little more subdued. I don't think it's a bad idea to have two dogs so that they can play with each other, but it's of course important to make sure they're compatible with each other.
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I have 6 Cats and 2 dogs. I have Crash who is a 5 year old Puggle, TBone who is a 9 year old lab/hound mix, Muffin- 7 years old (cat), Pumpkin- 7 years old (cat), White Sox- 9 years old (Cat), Daphne- 7 years old (Cat), Stripes- 4 years old (Cat), and Bernie- 6 years old (Cat).

Pumpkin/Muffin live at Lisa's parents house!!

I have 4 cats and 3 dogs. My mom got a yorkie named Christmas "Belle" for Christmas. She goes by Belle.
    In order of how they came to the family.
    JRawk(RIP) got before we moved into the "big" house.
    Baltimore(RIP) found on our property when the house was finished built.
    TBone is a pound puppy who we got to go with my original black lab JRawk who was only 4 going blind that had to be put down.
    White Soxs came from my moms ex-fiance in Florida.
    Daphene was adpoetd to be Soxys friend and they didn't like each other and she was supposed to be small.
    Crash I got 6 months after putting down JRawk. Crash had TPLO surgery on 12-29th and made 10000% recovery.
    Bernie was found outside of work and thinks he is a dog got him a year before Crash.
    Stripes was got from moms bff.
  • amccrazgrl
    Options
    Ok, Here come the pictures.
    JRawk,TBone,, White Socks,Stripes,Daphne,Crash 5th BDay(last pic)
    car0101.jpg
    DSC00978.jpg
    DSC00983.jpg
    DSC01419.jpg
    DSC01436.jpg
    DSCN1268.jpg
  • amccrazgrl
    Options
    Crash's 5th Birthday this past St Patty's Day.

DSCN3393.jpg