Feeling down.

Options
So today I am finally down 35lbs thank you MFP! But I can’t help to still be down on myself.
I should be happy with all I have done, eating better (well minus a few days lol), and giving up pop (which I never thought that would happen in a million years) I guess I am just disappointed with clothes not sure if it’s a girl thing or what.
I’m 5’1 and 138lbs, I started out at 173 in a size 15 and I only fit in to 1 pair of my old size 13’s, I looked at my frame type and I get large but I guess after losing 35lbs I expected my clothes size to go down I see a huge difference in my pictures and I have had people tell me I look a lot smaller but it just puts me in a rut because I was only aiming for 120 and being only 18lbs left I feel like I shouldn’t expect much change. I just feel like I’m doing something wrong.
Lol where in the heck do find big clothes with small sizes? Haha I just hope something changes because I really want to go clothes shopping and be happy with what I’ve done.

Replies

• jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I to feel at times this way.I'm only 5'2" and even though i'm a size 4 to 6 I feel like some clothes dont fit like i think they should.Its a chick thing I think.:bigsmile:
  • snockers3112
    snockers3112 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Definitely a woman thing, I think we've all ranted at our wardrobes that 'we've got nothing to wear!' :)
  • jaxnmouse
    Options
    First of all, you have done really well, so you should stay strong and be really proud of yourself!

Secondly, I have found the older I have gotten I pack weight in different places. For instance, the weight gain I had recently went to my upper thighs, butt, and stomach; I have never had weigh gain in my stomach before. When I was 137lbs I went shopping for bigger jeans and bought size 7's. Now we all know it depends on the type and manufacturer of the jeans as to what size they are; not all 7's are created equal. However, I had to buy the 7's because my thighs and butt were bigger, yet the waist was still smaller so I have to wear a belt to keep them from falling too much. I would imagine with you being at 138lbs that it is just the brand of jeans and probably where you are storing fat or maybe even new muscle tone that you have built up. I am a tiny boned person, but I have huge muscles in my legs...I couldn't fit into a pair of skinny jeans when I weighed 105, barely got my foot in them and you can forget getting them over my calf muscles :) I hope that has helped in some way, hang in there...blame it on the clothing manufacturers! :)
  • dsolgot
    dsolgot Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :)