Ottawa Race Weekend. Doing My First 5k in May!

Options
I love running, and try to do 4 miles each day unless something important comes up, or I'm sick or something...So, a month ago my friend and I vowed to do the half-marathon during Ottawa's Race Weekend in May. We procrastinated, and the event sold out.

Then, we moved on and told eachother we'd do the 10k- and again, we waited two days to sign up and guess what? SOLD OUT again.

So now, I'm proud to say that I'll be doing my first registered 5k in May! In the meantime I'll be looking for other 10-k or half-marathon races that I can register for during the summer in the Ottawa area.

Lesson learned? DO NOT PROCRASTINATE, and sign up for these things right away if you plan on it cuz they sell out fast!

Anyone doing any Ottawa-area races this summer? Anyone else taking part in Ottawa Race Weekend?

Replies

• sandylouwho
    Options
    Not really the summer, but all the runners I know like doing the Army half-marathon in September (or is it October?). Good luck on the 5k! ;)

Maybe I'll sign up with you next year! I think it'll take me that long to get ready for it....