April Atkins (low carb) Challenge...

Options
2»

Replies

• Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Do you all count calories? I log mine here, but per the Atkins plan, I don't use them as my measuring stick for the day. I focus on protein and carb intake.

No, I just count carbs (and watch my fat and sodium). I keep my log on paper, though, not online.

Yesterday went well and today will, too! I am going to pick up some more veggies today. I don't like to buy too many at one time and I go past a good grocery store on my way to/from work so it's not a problem to pick up fresh every couple of days. They also have wild-caught salmon on sale--hope to get some of that, too!

Have a good day, everyone!

Happy Anniversary of quitting smoking. I noticed it has been 1 year as of TODAY!!! Wooot, Wooot
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary of quitting smoking. I noticed it has been 1 year as of TODAY!!! Wooot, Wooot

Thank you! I feel SO much better--and I smell better, too!
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Thank you! I feel SO much better--and I smell better, too!

That's great! Congrats! And welcome. :)
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm in, too. Finishing up my second week on Induction. I don't have a particular number of pounds I want to lose this month, but I hope to be able to run 1 lap around the track by the end of the month.

Do you all count calories? I log mine here, but per the Atkins plan, I don't use them as my measuring stick for the day. I focus on protein and carb intake.

I use the tracker mostly be sure I'm eating enough calories. It can be tough for me sometimes. Ha. Welcome!
  • Grokette
    Options
    I have a NSV of sorts!!! In am wearing shorts today that I purchased 2 summers ago and never got down to the size to wear them.

I am estatic!!!

I have been eating well, very low carb, except for yesterday, and I am feeling lighter and way less bloated. I need to get my fat intake a lot higher than it is, but I am not hungry and therefore not eating a whole lot..........

Drinking a lot, YES, but just not hungry. What a wonderful side effect of ketosis!!!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I have a NSV of sorts!!! In am wearing shorts today that I purchased 2 summers ago and never got down to the size to wear them.

I am estatic!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Congatulations! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I had a BAD day yesterday. I REALLY need to NOT let family members get to me. Starting over once again--:ohwell:
  • SweetBeth
    SweetBeth Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: OK Everyone Let's do this :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

This Month let's each set Mini Goals and REACH them! The payoff....A special Reward to Yourself.

1.) Set Mini Goal
    2.) Wha'ts Your Reward going to be?
    3.) How will You reach it?

Mine ~ 1.) My Mini goal for April will be to lose 12 lbs ~ 2.) My Reward will be A spa Day... 3.) To reach this goal I'm going to exercise an extra day a week, report here for any suggestions, support I may need and last but not least, Hold Myself ACCOUNTABLE!

I know the month is halfway over, but I'd like to jump in if I could. :-)

My mini goal: Lose 7 pounds
    My reward: Well I'm going to NYC at the end of this month, so I'll treat that as my reward
    How I will reach it: Readjusting my mind to accept high fat, moderate protein, low carb as a healthy lifestyle. I'm struggling even though I see results. A lifetime of grocery shopping for low-fat food is really hard to reprogram. Also plan to workout 30 minutes to an hour a day every day.

I'm only 3 weeks in on Atkins, so I really hope I can learn more from you ladies. I feel like I keep making ignorant mistakes in my diet. :-/
  • Grokette
    Options
    I had only a .6 pound loss this week. Boooooo!!

I know my body is losing fat as I see my body starting to change shape in some ways and also my husband is commenting on my butt being smaller!!! Which was funny, flattering and embarrassing all at the same time as we were in the throws of passion, LMAO!!! Gotta love an honest man.

I want to do the Whole 30 program, but can't purchase the success guide until next week when I get my unemployment check. Our savings is dwindling down and I promised not to spend any "unnecessary" money on things until I go back to work.

Since I am between Paleo and Primal eating now, I don't think it is too much different than what I am currently doing.

Have a GREAT Day everyone!!!
  • Grokette
    Options
    Where is everyone at???

I am doing well with the eating, exercising and getting out and about. Loving life and spring time. I am a bit more than half way to my 10 pound goal for the month.

Hoepfully you all with post soon!!!