Please help

Options
I cant seem to find foods that are low in calories and not high in sodium. If anyone has any ideas that would help me please. I have been on here 2 weeks and have not lost any weight the only thing I can think of is my sodium intake....PLEASE HELP!!
Thanks in advance

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    ANYTHING that doesn't come in a package.
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    She is right! Stay away from packaged food and prepare all of your meals.!
  • Quadqueen
    Options
    I have not eaten anything boxed, rice or pasta in 2 weeks
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I cant seem to find foods that are low in calories and not high in sodium. If anyone has any ideas that would help me please. I have been on here 2 weeks and have not lost any weight the only thing I can think of is my sodium intake....PLEASE HELP!!
    Thanks in advance

Here's my 2cents - try focusing a week or two on choosing the low-sodium foods and not being too concerned with the calories of THOSE particular foods - you might surprised at the weight you will lose. Be careful of foods labeled as low-fat because sometimes those foods will have more sodium than the original full fat versions.

I'm on a restricted low sodium diet and I only exercise about 30 min a day (walking) and I average a 2lb loss per week, and this INCLUDES 3 healthy snacks per day and not skipping my 3 meals. On average I consume between 1500 and 1700 calories.
    My food choices are first based on sodium content, not calorie content.
    My theory is: If I watch the sodium first, the calories will take care of themselves.

Like I said, this is just my opinion and it might not be right for everyone, but I started out at 288 lbs on Nov 18, 2010 and yesterday, March 31st, 2011 - I'm down to 248 - so thats a 40lb loss. The best part is - I haven't felt like I was starving myself, as compared to other "diets" I've tried. Note: weight losses for larger people are easier at first!! I'm sure I'll hit a plateau somewhere along the way - but for now - I'm happy with my progress.