Quick and Easy Salmon Dinner

Options
kjensen15
kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
So my husband was out of town last night and when he is I LOVE to cook fish for dinner, seeing how he hates it! This was a little something I threw together last night that ended up being very good and very quick to prepare! Even better was the fact I didn't use the big oven. I did it in my little convection oven/toaster and on the stove top.

Ingredients:
Salmon 3-4 oz filet
Ronzoni Garden Vegetable Spaghetti
Olive Oil
Marsala Cooking Wine
Fresh Spinach
Italian Seasoning
Red Pepper Flakes
Salt and Pepper

Put a pot of water on to boil, add the pasta when the water comes to a rapid boil. Take the salmon and spray lightly with EVOO and sprinkle the top with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Place you fish on the convection oven's pan (I covered my pan with foil so I could just toss it when I was finished and not worry about a lingering fishy smell). Turn the convection oven to broil. Keep an eye on it b/c depending on the size of fish it will cook in about 5 min. In the mean time I sautéed the fresh spinach in a little EVOO, Marsala wine, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. It only took a couple minutes to wilt the spinach. Then drain your pasta pour the spinach mixture over the pasta and top with your piece of fish.

It took me all of about 15 minutes to make this! Which is nice b/c I hate spending time making a meal for just myself!

Nutritional Values

Calories............... 441
Carbs..................... 45g
Fat........................... 18g
Protein.................... 27g

Replies

• Roukie
    Roukie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    that sounds awesome! I love Salmon and am always looking for new recipes, thanks for sharing!
  • Pril2000
    Pril2000 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Well done. This sounds fantastic. I also hate cooking for only myself, so it's nice to see a good recipe that takes little time. Thanks for posting!!
  • hyoung3
    hyoung3 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Definitely worth a try... thanks so much for sharing !!
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have become a fan of the steam bags...you can buy them on the isle where you find trash bags, etc. I throw a frozen piece of fish or chicken along with seasoning or veggies and it's done in 5 min!

This works great, esp for us single folks!
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    ps; you throw them in the microwave!
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    bump
  • janaegriffin87
    janaegriffin87 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump so i can use this later!