I am a new girl

Options
Hey all,

Just peeking around here and wanted to say hi to all of you. I have just started using this website and I am finally able to say that I really think this might really work.

It is really encouraging to see some people with 99 lbs and more on their tickers. I have 135 to lose.

Wish me luck and here goes the first week of my new life.

Replies

• tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options
    Hey all,

Just peeking around here and wanted to say hi to all of you. I have just started using this website and I am finally able to say that I really think this might really work.

It is really encouraging to see some people with 99 lbs and more on their tickers. I have 135 to lose.

Wish me luck and here goes the first week of my new life.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on choosing to start your new life! Hooray for you! I started (before joining MFP) with 100 to lose (maybe more depending on how I feel once I reach my goal) and this site has been the most help out of everything I've tried. The motivation and wonderful people here are priceless! Good luck to you and, any time you need a little help or a push, just shout out!!!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!!!! You can TOTALLY do this!!!! You've done the hardest part: started!!!! Keep at it girl! We are here for you!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome!
    You CAN do it with the help of this site! It REALLY works!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is quite the eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive people here, the weight will "practically" fall off!
    I might suggest that you log all your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than afterwards, as it tends to lead to better food choices. You might also want to weigh, and or measure some things, rather than just estimate and be WAY off!
  • Reesy
    Reesy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    The first week is the hardest. You are well on your way!!! :bigsmile: