Apple App

Options
Hey I have the Perfect Diet Tracker App for my MacBook and it gives totally different counts for exercise and everything else, so what do you guys think is the most accurate tracker?

Replies

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I've never used the Perfect Diet Tracker but it looks like a good program. I do want to say that you need to be careful of the counts on MFP. The database has many personal entries that are all over the board. If I'm entering a packaged food I'll usually verify with the container mine came in and make sure I choose the one that matches it. I'm not sure why there are so many different variations of the same item but there are so be careful.

Other stuff (like that which MFP has put in) seems to be pretty much accurate. I've checked around on some of the numbers for things I consistently use and elsewhere on the web the numbers match up. You just have to make sure you're choosing the right food (for ex. skin/no skin on chicken)

Exercise isn't going to be exact no matter what program you use since they all use estimates. I bought a heart rate monitor (HRM) and record the calories burned from that. I have made much better progress since doing so. The MFP (and other) sites had me burning over 900 calories doing taekwondo. My HRM says I burn about 500. Big difference and could really add up if I were eating all of those calories!

If you like the tracker you're using (especially if you've already paid for it!) then I would keep using it. I do find that the accountability and support are great aspects of this site that I didn't get when I was using a program on my old laptop. (I used to have a Windows based laptop and used Dietpower which was a great program but they don't have a Mac version and I've switched. )