help i need soft foods

Options
arosegeo
arosegeo Posts: 254 Member
im getting some oral surgery next week and idk what to eat after...ill have my carnation breakfasts and yogurt but idk what else....any ideas?

Replies

• exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, eggs, milk, mac and cheese, cottage cheese, bananas, peanut butter, protein shake, blueberries...
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I ate some baby food after I had my wisdom teeth removed.... looking back, not sure if it was the best lol
    But I just ate the fruit varieties.
  • formytwins
    formytwins Posts: 106
    Options
    Oatmeal, eggs, milk, mac and cheese, cottage cheese, bananas, peanut butter, protein shake, blueberries...

What he said...:bigsmile:
  • Surfergurl29
    Options
    Applesauce is great...also soups are fine as long as they are cool. Just try to eat on the side of the mouth that is not sore. I was a dental assistant for a few years and as long as you don't put a lot of air in your mouth you'll be fine :D Good Luck!
  • brookeybaby_00
    brookeybaby_00 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Potato soup
  • AngelicaDulas
    Options
    Get the red garnet yams and bake them like a potato or nuke them. Then eat with a little real butter! You can make them as soft as you like, but they taste sooo good! So sweet, but very low in sugar and it gives you almost 500% daily Vitamin A...
  • arosegeo
    arosegeo Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Applesauce is great...also soups are fine as long as they are cool. Just try to eat on the side of the mouth that is not sore. I was a dental assistant for a few years and as long as you don't put a lot of air in your mouth you'll be fine :D Good Luck!

lol it will all be sore im getting all 4 wisdoms pulled and getting an exposure for my left canine tooth so i wont have a not sore side. lol
  • skramer13
    skramer13 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I had mine out last summer. I lived off yogurt (no chunks!), applesauce, scrambled eggs, and a few Frostys (Frosties? stupid branding...) from Wendy's. From experience, I can tell you that you really won't give a you-know-what about counting calories for at least the first few days, so don't worry about it. Have the good stuff - you'll most likely lose weight anyway just from the meds messing with your appetite and being unable to eat solid foods. I lost 7lbs the week I had mine out. Remember - no straws!!

Good luck!
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    You can make any of your favorite foods soft with a good blender or food processor... might be able to do soft cheeses too.

It's been years since I had my wisdom teeth out - I too had all 4 at one time - I remember not feeling well and lived on juice, jell-o, pudding and cool whip the majority of the week.

Good luck!
  • fireflyangel22
    fireflyangel22 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    For a sweet, but healthy treat, I blend frozen strawberries in my blender then add diet 7-up (you could use seltzer water or ginger ale or any other fizzy beverage). The cold will also feel good on those sore gums.
  • inkdgirl
    inkdgirl Posts: 79
    Options
    Ricotta cheese with marinara sauce, warmed up!
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Sugar free pudding!