exercises for love handles...

BrodiesMom2008
BrodiesMom2008 Posts: 27
edited September 25 in Fitness and Exercise
I was wondering if anyone has any exercises/routines/activities that help focus on love handles specifically, my stomach is starting to flatten and i am seeing toning but i still have love handles that just won't budge...

Replies

• DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Ugh, the dreaded love handles. I do side planks, side crunches, and the machine at the gym where you twist from side to side using weights. Overall though, love handles are more about cardio. What's your exercise schedule like?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    cardio, cardio and more cardio, with an even better diet. diet is 80% of the equation.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Hi!
    I've been doing the 30D shred...I am only on my 6th day but I swear my belly area & yes love handles are trimmer ;)
  • Before I gained so much weight, I did lot's of side crunches/sit ups, reverse leg lifts (you lay on the floor and pull your legs up with your lower belly muscles) and then I twist them to the sides and hold. it worked really well, and like the others have said do some cardio, I ran up and down my highschool stairs 5 days a week so I didn't need to to much more than that.
  • i go to the gym for elliptical workout every other day, but the other days i just don't have time, i chase after my 3 year old and walk as much as i can but i don't do any gym or official hard working out on those days but between work and being a mom i just don't have the time to get to the gym for cardio every day.

i will try side planks! thank you!
  • amyo1300
    amyo1300 Posts: 8
    Try hula hooping. It's fun and helps take inches off your waist.

You also need a healthy diet and the cardio that everyone else mentioned, but I have had success in the past with hooping, and my mom and sister have too.

I keep one in the family room and hoop through commercial breaks.
This discussion has been closed.