A new, healthier me...

Options
I've been trying to lose weight for years without much luck. Every time I get serious about exercising and going to a gym, something goes wrong and I get hurt. I also have very low willpower when it comes to food. In the Fall, I hit my highest weight of 274.8 lbs and became really depressed...I mean how did I let this happen to myself? I know I needed help.
6 weeks ago, my best friend and I went to a weight loss clinic, where the doctor prescribed us medication. At first, I decided to keep eating the same way, just in much smaller portions. Ha! That doesn't work if the original meal is 3000+ calories! I lost 6 lbs in the 1st month. The doc adjusted the meds and I discovered the myfitnesspal app for my phone. Logging everything I eat and drink has helped so much! It's been fun challenging myself to find meals that are between 300-400 calories at different restaurants..I can actually get a great lunch at Applebee's for 330 cal! But now that I know the nutritional value of what I used to eat, it's shocking to think how many thousands of calories I was eating!
The biggest obstacle now is eating enough. I force myself to eat every 2-3 hours and still have a hard time reaching even 1000 calories/day, let alone 1200-1400. I also have joined the gym with my best friend, but have been sticking to the elliptical and a couple other core exercises. In the past, I could only do about 10-15 minutes on the elliptical, but Wednesday I pushed myself to 35 minutes.
In the last 2 weeks, I've lost 12.2 lbs for a total of 18.2 lbs. and would love to hit 20 lbs by my birthday on Sunday.
Good luck to everyone!!

Replies

• mommy3x
    mommy3x Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good luck, and keep up the good work!
  • jen2bhottie
    jen2bhottie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • IdaMoreno38
    IdaMoreno38 Posts: 105
    Options
    GOOD LUCK HUN! You can do it! Isn't it great that MFP made you realize "I WAS EATING HOW MANY CALORIES!!!" I know it did me. I love this place, I'm an avid MFP'er, never leave home without it! Anyway glad you made it here. DON'T GIVE UP HUN, you'll hit that 20 pound loss in no time.
  • mnchkn0408
    mnchkn0408 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thats great...Good luck! This is a great site and everyone is so helpful and motivating.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that and yes it is so shocking when you realize how many calories you consume.

Especially hidden ones! I used to drink a Tim Horton's double double coffee a few times a day... until I realized that my 2 cups of coffee alone was over 500 calories a day.

It is exciting when you see the changes you make paying dividends!

Way to go on your weight loss to date! Keep it up!