looking for other runner friends :)

Options
Hi! Im not new to MFP but i have not had much success with it yet because im quite inconsistent with my logging so far.
SOOO, im looking for some friends to help keep me accountable and motivated! And vice versa maybe?!

I have been a runner for almost three years....started in 2009 when i lost 60lbs that year. Two surgeries and inconsistent running in 2010 i gained back 15lbs. All said, im trying to lose 25lbs!!!
I love trail running but also road run. I have a 6mile trail race this saturday and my first 1/2marathon in two weeks!!!

Looking forward....thanks!!!

Replies

• jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be your friend.

I run between 30-40 Km per week depending on what Mother Nature allows.
  • 50x30
    50x30 Posts: 8
    Options
    I'd love more running friends, too! I run usually 4x per week and am currently training to complete a marathon in June. I sometimes need extra motivation too as I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with running. I don't think I'm a natural so during the run it seems really hard but afterward I'm always happy and love how I feel. Sending a friend request now!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I've just started running....
    would love to be your friend.... some support along the way ;)
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hi, I run every day - about 75k per week at the moment. The weight drops away pretty well with that... I prefer trail/mountain but the road is ok...

regards, David
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Another runner here.
    Training for my 1st full marathon. 44 days left.
    I can't wait until better weather to hit the trails more.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Hi, I run every day - about 75k per week at the moment. The weight drops away pretty well with that... I prefer trail/mountain but the road is ok...

regards, David

Thats pretty hard core! Do you mind my asking how long it took you to build up to that distance? I've been running for a couple of years and can only safely eek out 40K a week.
  • skeene07
    skeene07 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks everyone :)
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options

regards, David

Thats pretty hard core! Do you mind my asking how long it took you to build up to that distance? I've been running for a couple of years and can only safely eek out 40K a week.

i'd like to hear this too. that's impressive
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Yet one more runner here. Do about 30 k/week, basically 5 k jogs early morning before work at about a 5 minute pace. Finally did my first 10 k today. Still got about 45 lbs to lose though and just getting back in shape. Would like to be linked up with other runners to see what routines they follow and how much interval training you folks do. So other runners, feel free to add me to your friend list.

Thanks, Earl