The Struggle

Options
Everyone doesnt have it as easy as one may think. People see me and they think youre small, whats the problem. But they dont know the person who was on insulin plus 8 pills a day for diabetes and on blood pressure meds. Or the lady who wanted to hide because she thought everyone was looking at her bulges. The scale numbers are low and so is my confidence. Because I am a master of disguise noone knows what lies under my layers of clothing. That there are lots of bulges that I cant get rid of. Everything is not what it seems. I might look smaller but I still have the mind of a obese person. Everyday is a struggle for me too. Because I want to be healthier period . Size does not matter.

Replies

• foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Bless you!
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Body-image is the last thing to change. I have been up and down the scale a few times in my life but became a runner and stayed down so long my perception of my size finally changed. Then after the marathon was over and the training was cut back, I didn't really notice the weight that was piling on. I would look in the mirror and in my head still believe I was not that big. The one day bam it was as if the blinders came off.

Maybe in your mind, you haven't caught up yet to the slimmer you. Everyone has some bumps - fashion model smooth is usually due to magic photo-shopping. You look to be on the path to great success. Believe in what you can do!