can't find jeans that fit

Options
Now I know this may not be a general diet or weight loss help but its driving me nuts.

I'm so frustrated I can't find jeans that fit right, they are either to big in the waist and tight in the thighs or they are so low I feel like my butt hangs out...I do like the jeans that have some stretch in them but by the end of the day the are too big on me. where do people find jeans that fit, especially women.

Replies

• Bviera
    Bviera Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This is a very common problem. I have the exact same issue. Small waist, large hips/thighs. Makes it really difficult to find jeans that fit right and for years I just stopped buying them all together. When I do find a pair that fits right, I get it and take care of it for a long time! It's all about finding the right style and trying on a LOT of pants. I've found jeans at TJ Maxx, Kohl's, PacSun, and Old Navy. But I've tried on hundreds!

Make sure they are not low-riding jeans. Unless you have smaller hips, they probably won't fit right. The idea jeans for me have sat right below my belly button. Not too high, not too low.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I love Express jeans. If you are curvy, the Rerock line is great but they have jeans to fit any shape and size.
  • snowflakelaia
    Options
    The Buckle have more than 50 different types of jeans and cuts. You tell the shop assistant how do you want them, and she'll bring you a lot, and many different sizes! try 2 or 3 different sizes, since sometimes a 26 in one cut is a 27 in another cut.

Good luck!
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I like the jeans they sell at Charlotte Russe .I have a much smaller waist and have hips and thighs. Best fitting jeans and they are actually just below my belly button.
  • lisazar
    lisazar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem! I hate when they are all baggy and stretched out by the end of the day! My favorite right now are Levi's 505. They are curvier in the hips and thighs and actually fit my smaller waist. They are straight leg so I can also tuck them into boots. The best part is they are 90% cotton and only 10% stretch so they are not all our of shape at the end of the day. I also found a nice boot cut jean with more of a trouser fit at the Gap. Good luck!
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have a huge problem with that, my tummy is a lot smaller than my thighs and this is where I have the most problem.. it seems most jeans are made for girls with thin legs.

I'll just say I have child bearing hips! (\o/) Sometimes I have to look in the mens section for jeans that fit my waist and hang down properly!
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. What's up with manufacturers? If you have the hourglass going on it is a challenge.

Go to Zappo's and look for "Not Your Daughters Jeans". They fit so amazing you won't even care how expensive they are.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I like Burlington Coat Factory b/c they carry a lot of European styles that have a different fit that you can't get at the big name stores here. Plus, they are cheap!
  • VialOfDreams
    Options
    Same problem here. The main issue is that a lot of stores only carry size 6+ for women, so I have to shop in the Juniors section. I was able to buy a couple pairs of jeans lately at Old Navy, though, and they fit decently. Also, in the JC Penney juniors section.
  • Karlbarbell
    Options
    Have you seen Barbell Apparel Jeans?! They make jeans for those with muscular legs/butts and they're extremely functional so you never have to worry about ripping your jeans in the crotch ever again. www.BarbellApparel.com!!!!!