may be TMI for some, but here goes

Options
Cutting calories has made me extremely gassy. I'm not sure if it is all of the vegetables or what but it's becoming a problem. Has anyone else experienced this? I feel sick and bloated right now. Any suggestions? Or helpful tips would be great. Thanks!

Replies

• trish1960
    trish1960 Posts: 39
    Options
    I started taking fiber capsules. Seems to help with the bloating.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I've noticed this a bit since I dropped down to a 1200 calorie diet, but I'm not sure yet if it's related to what I'm eating or the significantly reduced calories. Regardless, I can sympathize! :)
  • mkum10
    mkum10 Posts: 21
    Options
    beano works wonders
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Carbonated water helps a lot with this. I find if I'm feeling uber gasy or bloated I have a glass and it helps. I have peierre. Its zero calories so it won't hurt your cal count.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    adding more gas to get rid of gas? I am sorry but that sounds totally wrong to me but if it works for you whatever, try a probiotic yogurt that should help out lots.
  • BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You might also just need to let your body adjust. It is used to processing more mass and stuff that is not as clean. Your MAF sensor needs to recalibrate to use the fuel effectively and clean the exhaust end up. I am experiencing it right now. Last night I ate wayyyy too little. Today I feel like I am going to burst.
  • Soupskin
    Soupskin Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Vegetable protein does it to me. I hate Beano though, it makes me feel awful and bloated. I'm eating more beans and fake meat products (TVP, tofu tempeh).

Probiotic yogurt is the way to go.

Me? I just let it rip. The more people I offend at work, the fewer meetings they invite me to.
  • momma_roo
    momma_roo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I don't really mind letting them rip, it's when it gets trapped and makes me sick that bothers me. My husband is not a fan of me letting them rip, but i tell him it's my revenge for our last 6 years together. I'm just catching up all at once. LOL! I'll try the yogurt and the beano. Hopefully that will help ;)
  • momma_roo
    momma_roo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Vegetable protein does it to me. I hate Beano though, it makes me feel awful and bloated. I'm eating more beans and fake meat products (TVP, tofu tempeh).

I had a Morning Star burger for lunch. i bet that is what it is...
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Yeah what about those Gas-x pills? They might help. Or Beano.
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    adding more gas to get rid of gas? I am sorry but that sounds totally wrong to me but if it works for you whatever, try a probiotic yogurt that should help out lots.

only works if its trapped. I thought it was nuts too. I tried it after reading it in a health mag.
  • HannahPastoor
    Options

Me? I just let it rip. The more people I offend at work, the fewer meetings they invite me to.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    My unscientific theory about this is that your body is gradually detoxing. Shouldn't last forever, but probably will last for awhile, still.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    What are you eating? For some folks, beans can be problematic. If you haven't had dairy for years and have added it back in, you may be mildly lactose intolerant. Certain sugar alcohols, like sorbitol, which are used as artificial sweeteners are notorious for causing gas as well.