Powerstrike, anyone? Other kickboxing workouts?

Options
Just wondering if there are any other Powerstrike fans out there.

I used to do Tae-Bo "back in the day," but Billy Blanks was just a little too frenetic for me (God love him). I realized he wasn't working both sides equally -- seemed like he was making it up as he went along! It worked for me for a while, but then I just got frustrated with it.

But I looooove Powerstrike! Ilaria is the best! Perfect form, great cues and she keeps you moving! I'm sweating bullets and huffing and puffing through almost the whole workout. Love it!

That said, I would love to check out other kickboxing/similar to kickboxing workouts. I'd love some advice on what's good to try.

Don't know why I like these workouts so much ... perhaps I have some pent up aggression or something! :D lol!

Replies

• cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    Options
    I do Turbo Fire and its a lot of kickbixing and the music is great it gets u pumped up. You will really lose some weight, but it also has high intensity interval training in i,. If thats not what you are looking for and you just want straight kickboxing try Turbo Jam they both are by Chalene Johnson a beachbody trainer. She also teaches Turbo Kick and you can find that class at a local gym or you can get the DVD's.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    If you're a beginner- I would suggest to get Turbo Jam- that's for beginners- Turbo Fire is awesome too- but advanced- although either work out can actually do low impact.
    Chalene Johnson and her turbo workouts ROCK!
  • anner53108
    anner53108 Posts: 103
    Options
    Thanks! :)