Support

Options
I just started with MFP on Monday (thanks to my friend Jodi) and have been so impressed with it so far. The support I've read on the message board and the tips to help people out is amazing. I have had a few ladies add me as friends and I don't even know who they are (thanks ladies I really appreciate it). I believe support is the key to helping you achieve your goals, along with your personal motivation. :wink: I am hoping to make many more friends on her so if you willing pls invite me.

I am still trying to figure this site out so if anyone has any assistance they can provide that would be great. For instance I've seen mini goals posted but cannot find where I can set that up. I am sure if I really sat down and went through every part of this page I could find it. :happy:

Any tips for emotional eaters would be greatly appreciated, as this is my biggest issue these days. For instance today I took my son (one of three) to the hospital for cardio tests and a cardio halter so I'm not sure how today is going to fair out for me, all I can think about is eating eating and eating. Why I'm not sure. :noway:

Replies

• daddyzgurl
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!
    There are a lot of supportive people on here that have cheered me on along the way. I'm a mother of 3 sons and have daily battles with binge eating sweets when I feel stressed or upset. When my husband and I divorced last year I hit an all time low in my self esteem and an all time high in my weight. Now that I have been divorced 6 months I have been tackling my relationship with food and exercise head-on.
    Add me as a friend -I understand what it's like to try and break the emotional-eating cycle and will help out any way I can :)
    Nicole
  • Rebeccasluckyduck
    Rebeccasluckyduck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome to MFP. It's a great place to come for support. My son was fitted for a cardio halter when he was younger so I understand where you're coming from. I'm an emotional eater as well. Good emotion, bad emotion, it's all a reason for me to eat.

For your mini goals, go to the "signature" tab. You should see it right above your original post. It's pretty easy to do. You'll be able to add a ticker and whatever else you want in your signature.
  • mommy3x
    mommy3x Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! I have the same problem with emotional eating - but have had some success with stopping and thinking about why I want to eat. It doesn't always work, but it usually gives my brain enough time to process and helps me make better decisions. Good luck!!

:happy: