Are you 80-90lbs overweight, please reply??

Options
Ok so I have lost 8lbs I am currently 221 my goal weight is 140, maybe I am trippin if so please correct me. But it doesn't look like I have lost that much, my hairstylist that hasn't seen me in months didn't even notice, I am assuming its because I am so overweight that it might take maybe 15-20 lbs before noticing a difference. I am loving how I feel and am going to continue on this wonderful journey, but just wondering if some of you have experienced this?

Replies

• angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    no one noticed until i had lost 20....I started out in the 220's and my goal is 140 as well.
  • babygurl2501
    Options
    i weigh 240 and my goal weight is 125.. i am goingto get there it is just going to take sometime.. i have lost 5 lbs..can't tell but thatis becuz i am overweight.. i just need some motivation..
  • mara232
    mara232 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I got 70lbs to lose - lost 11lbs. My sister noticed that I lost weight in my face. Other than that - no one else has said boo to me. Last time I lost weight - it took 20lbs for regular ppl to notice. Hang in there - main thing is that you feel good.
  • going2win
    going2win Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    No one has noticed for me yet either... down 11 ( and close to your weight as well). You feel better though and that is what is most important =) Stick with it, it will happen !!!
  • jhoney8
    jhoney8 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yup, it seems like around 20 is when people really start to notice.

3893792.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I set my goal to lose 70 lbs, but could probably stand to lose 80 or 90 (losing 70 puts me at the highest end of healthy or slightly over weight). I haven't weighed in a while so I'm guessing that I have probably lost another 5-10 lbs since my last weigh in. I have probably lost 10+ lbs so far and no one has really noticed.
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    yeah it takes some to be noticeable but it will come off, i had to lose 20 before i was noticed. I have close to 100 to lose but know that you are gorgeous just be happy and work on this and you will soon feel the change in your clothes.
  • Nyirishlass
    Options
    I have lost 33 lbs and so far no one has noticed...its crazy!!! I feel that when I get down 50lbs maybe it will be more noticeable. But hey I am glad to see the scale go down and I am sure you are too!!! I think it matters more when you feel the difference, sometimes people just dont notice things. Keep up the great work!!!!!
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I've lost 23 with a total of 83 to lose and most have not noticed. My mom and husband said something but no one else.
  • Ashbee1224
    Options
    Prob. wont notice until 20-30 lbs, it all comes off from ALL over your body so you wont notice a significant diff. until a lil more, but keep on going :) it will happen! Imagine how good it will feel when someone you havnt seen in awhile does notice! AMAZING...
  • MissRaeFaye
    Options
    I'm exactly where you are.....don't worry. When you hit about 15 to 20 lbs, that's when folks can start seeing a change. At first your changes will be inches so you should feel the difference in your clothes and in the way your body feels (more energy, wind, etc). But don't get discouraged. Keep doing what you're doing! :o)
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    I didn't get many comments until I had lost 30-40lbs. Just stick with it - they will come.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I started at 244 and I'm now about 221 and no one notices. I notice but no one else does - thank goodness for the digital scale, right?

The reason why is that when you're over 200, you can't really see weight loss, even in the success pix here at mfp until people get to 160. ie, if you started at 190, and went to 160 - you'd see it, if you started at 160 and went to 140 you'd see it, but at the upper reaches of that scale you can't see it till you go down quite a bit.
  • tnorkus
    tnorkus Posts: 45
    Options
    Give it time. Don't get discouraged because noone has said anything yet. You have your own clothes that will validate what the scale says. BTW I started at around 420 about 2 yrs ago and am currently 347. It took me 41 years to get to the weight I am and I know it will take a while for me to get rid of it.
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hi,

You and I are about the same. For now I am hoping to go from being obese to just overweight and that will be about a 50 pound loss. 140 would be a normal weight for me, and that will be another 30-40 pounds. It seems so far away, it almost seems impossible. But like your signature says, With God all things are possible. Thanks for the reminder.
  • Alafia22
    Alafia22 Posts: 112
    Options
    I started at 214 and my goal weight is 135lbs. I have lost 18 pounds so far and about 2 people noticed... not many. As the winter weather ends and spring comes in and you take off the layers people will notice.

Last time, it took until about 30 pounds until EVERYONE noticed, lol. Hang in there.
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Your not alone in this believe me. I've lost almost 30 and 25 1/2 " and 5 pants down and still there are folks that I work with that haven't seen me since I started and they don't notice a difference. But in the long run of it all it really doesn't matter to me. It's all about how I feel, how I look for myself and what it's doing for me health wise. I am not doing this for recognition from anyone, it's for me.. I can see my loss, my toning up area's and I am happy with that.. Don't let that get you down, keep doing it for you and it will be a great pay off in the end...Good Luck......
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I've lost 42 in 3 months and I only get confirmations once people hear the fact, like, "I thought it looked like you'd lost some weight." But nobody has really said anything on their own (and yes, I'm bigger).

I bet after your next 8, and definitely the 8 after that, people will start really saying something. I think when the loss is new, minimal, or questionable, people might be afraid to offend you, even if they do notice. But pretty soon they won't be able to contain themselves. In the meantime, stay on track and keep up the good work!
  • sweetsexy43
    sweetsexy43 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I started at 289 i am now 265..no one started to notice till about 20lbs. The important thing is to not let the scale control you. You will start to notice a difference in your clothes first. Then the evident weight loss comes after. Dont look for others to validate you..keep doing what you do and believe me..it will be so evident! Good Going with the loss so far!!
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    There is a great thread on this board somewhere that talks about how weight loss comes off of your body like sheets off of a roll of paper towels. With the outer sheets you don't notice much difference in the size of that roll at first, right? But as you take more and more sheets off, eventually that roll seems to get smaller faster. The same thing happens with your body, in a way. So don't be discouraged if people aren't noticing it at first. Keep working on it and eventually there WILL be a big difference. Look at my profile pic, for example =)