people are noticing...

Options
PedalHound
PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
We went for a play date today with a friend whom I've not seen in a good 3 weeks. When we showed up at the park she just went completely nuts. I finally asked her to stop because I was getting seriously self-conscious. She was going on about how much thinner my face and collar area are, how my torso looks more toned and I just look smaller.
Another friend I ran into yesterday was saying similar things.

I remember a while back reading that people really start to notice the difference once you've lost about 20 lbs (depending, I'm SURE, on how much you have to lose!) and that seems to be true for me.

It's surreal because it's felt very fast and pretty easy so far, but it's because I've got you guys and your great support and words, and I'm having so darned much fun!

When did people start noticing YOUR weightloss?? :glasses:

Replies

• PedalHound
    Options
    We went for a play date today with a friend whom I've not seen in a good 3 weeks. When we showed up at the park she just went completely nuts. I finally asked her to stop because I was getting seriously self-conscious. She was going on about how much thinner my face and collar area are, how my torso looks more toned and I just look smaller.
    Another friend I ran into yesterday was saying similar things.

I remember a while back reading that people really start to notice the difference once you've lost about 20 lbs (depending, I'm SURE, on how much you have to lose!) and that seems to be true for me.

It's surreal because it's felt very fast and pretty easy so far, but it's because I've got you guys and your great support and words, and I'm having so darned much fun!

When did people start noticing YOUR weightloss?? :glasses:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I think I had lost about 20 pounds when someone finally mentioned my weight loss. What a wonderful feeling. :happy: Great job! Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • OMISALJ
    OMISALJ Posts: 69
    Options
    Well i hadnt seen my friend in 6 months because i was away then i got really sick. So in general for me it was about 26 lbs. And i got the same response from her and you did from your friend you saw after 3 weeks.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    The same for me.. about 20lbs or so. I try to take pics at least once a month with the same pose so I can see how it's going!

Good Luck! and Great Job on the 20lbs!

Crys :flowerforyou:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Crystal, that's a good idea - I wish I'd thought of that sooner!! I took belly pictures through both of my pregnancies but didn't think of THIS physical change (probably because I'm not such a fan these days of seeing myself in pictures...)
  • roshong06
    roshong06 Posts: 196
    Options
    it was the same for me...about 20 lbs...that IS a great idea...I never thought of that...I can't really notice much of a difference. My husband can see a little difference, but I would like to see too...I never thought of taking pictures so I can see it!!! Thanks.
  • sebaseth
    sebaseth Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It was 10 lbs for me. I went into the bank I use to work at and my old co-workers noticed right away. I am going to keep using the drive-thrue then in another 10lbs go inside the lobby and see there reactions again. It is a great feeling when all your hard work is starting to show off!! Congratulations on your 20 lbs......I can't wait until I get there.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    My friends mother-in-law noticed the other day, but I do have to wonder if it was just a courtesy thing....meaning, I am sure my friend talks about me and may have mentioned that I have been losing weight. But either way it was nice of her to point out.

We are going to a family get together on sunday and I haven't seen much of my boyfriends family since Easter which is before I even started on the diet so I am hoping they will notice.
  • SC74
    SC74 Posts: 33
    Options
    Congratulations to you! I've lost 5lbs since I started my regimen (before I discovered this website) and people have noticed. I think it shows in my face and the fact that I can fit into some of my clothes again. Looking forward to remarks after a 20lb loss! Though I try not to focus on other people's comments, it does feel good hearing that efforts are paying off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!