Flax oil and dry eyes

Options
2»

Replies

• Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    It has been 2 days since I returned my new glasses, and while I obviously need a new prescription and the new ones did make me see better, I am feeling a lot better, I don't feel the need for the drops, though I'm still using them wanting to help my eyes, and I just don't have the pressure and strain that I had, or the headache and burning. I definitely need new glasses, but something was certainly wrong with the others.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    My daughter had similar problems with a pair of glasses that had been mailed to her because she was at college (had her eyes tested when she was home on break--wouldn't you know that's the only pair she ever had a problem with!). She took her glasses, new and old, to a different optometrist and had them measured for some parameter that I don't now remember. One of the lenses was slightly off from the previous pair, and she had the lenses remade by the original dispenser, and they were then ok. Have them check your new lenses against the old ones.
  • hikingmonk
    hikingmonk Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You know, I'm starting to think my glasses aren't helping me out either. I had a terrible time getting used to them, but eventually did. Now I'm wondering if I should have pushed back more with my eye doctor. Time for a new pair anyways so let's see what happens.

Thanks for posting. You asked for help, but ended up giving it!
  • Becky1971
    Options
    It wasn't so much me giving it as all those who replied with great suggestions and helpful info, I LOVE this site! :)Good luck with the next ones!
    You know, I'm starting to think my glasses aren't helping me out either. I had a terrible time getting used to them, but eventually did. Now I'm wondering if I should have pushed back more with my eye doctor. Time for a new pair anyways so let's see what happens.

Thanks for posting. You asked for help, but ended up giving it!
  • Becky1971
    Options
    I returned my glasses so don't have them anymore. Using my old ones till I can get into to a different doctor.
    My daughter had similar problems with a pair of glasses that had been mailed to her because she was at college (had her eyes tested when she was home on break--wouldn't you know that's the only pair she ever had a problem with!). She took her glasses, new and old, to a different optometrist and had them measured for some parameter that I don't now remember. One of the lenses was slightly off from the previous pair, and she had the lenses remade by the original dispenser, and they were then ok. Have them check your new lenses against the old ones.