Exercise added calories.....

Options
question to you ladies and gentlemen....i normally do my workouts in the evenings. so i was just playing around with the track exercise tab and put in a few things that i do in the gym and my calories remanding jumped up to 1170...now that's a lot of calories to put back in after my workout, i usally eat dinner and can't really wrap my head around eating 1170 calories before bed. Would i be doing myself a disservice by not eating them and only doing like 600-800 calories?

Replies

• biggiwig
    biggiwig Posts: 76
    Options
    600 to 800 calories is not enough to stay healthy. You might even loose muscle.
  • skinnyjeans13
    Options
    I tend to work out late at night as well, past the time when I would allow myself to eat anything substantial or high enough in calories to make up that big of a deficit. I try and eat enough during the day to know that the biggest deficit there will be at the end is 200... but I really try and end up with 1200 for the day.
  • rachellepilcher
    Options
    if you know that you will for sure be exercising later then eat more during the day
  • chantel111184
    chantel111184 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try and put your exercise routine in, in the morning then during the day you can eat your exercise calories and still do your workout at night. Just try and judge the calories lost during exercise. for example if i do 25minutes on the exercise bike it usually 175calories so i would eat a bigger meal. Then after you finish your exercise in the evening you can change the calories lost if you lost more then you thought and have another snack with whatever calories are left.