30 Day Shred and Motivation

Options
I just completed Day 1 of the 30 Day Shred and I know that I am going to need a motivational partner or group to get through the next 29 days. Anyone else starting today (or soon) and needs a virtual workout buddy?

Replies

• Foxerlina
    Foxerlina Posts: 51
    Options
    I started yesterday, and I'm feeling it already! I'll add you so we can spur each other on....I think we are gunna need it!x
  • joeykat16
    joeykat16 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of 30DS. Add me if you need someone to hold you accountable... Jillian totally kicked my butt the last 3 days!!
  • ashleyk_xox
    ashleyk_xox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am actually considering purchasing this TONIGHT! I would love to do it with you! I have a wedding to go in May and I want to look good in a dress! I will get it tonight and let you know how my first workout goes :)
  • ashleyk_xox
    ashleyk_xox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am actually considering purchasing this TONIGHT! I would love to do it with you! I have a wedding to go in May and I want to look good in a dress! I will get it tonight and let you know how my first workout goes :)
  • Aavan
    Aavan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred? I am looking to get healthy and fit and have been trying to eat right for the past week. Please let me know.
  • MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I just started today too!!! I am always up for a motivating buddy!!
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    do a forum search too. i responded to a thread earlier this week to someone asking for advice and words of wisdom. that might help.
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    The Shred is ACE! of all the exercises I'm doing at the moment, none of them make me feel like I have TRUELY worked out... If I havent done the Shred one day, I just dont feel like I've burned anything!!! (apart from running)

What time of the day are you planning on doing it? Are you having rest days?
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Get it...you wont be disappointed!
  • Beijos
    Beijos Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I have been using this video. I love it. I have previously lost 30 pounds on it (I was doing other excerise at the same time) but it was really helping to keep me motivated and getting me more toned. I have just started it again a few days ago.
    You can do it!!!!!!
  • mamato3babes
    Options
    Day 1 for me as well and OMG lol its tough... My legs are burning!
  • kasharaa
    kasharaa Posts: 1
    Options
    I just started about 30 min ago, but after doing the push ups and squats, I quit. I love Jullian Michaels, but she will kill you! I'm going to try again tomorrow, before I do 40 mins on the treadmill!
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I just completed Day 1 of the 30 Day Shred and I know that I am going to need a motivational partner or group to get through the next 29 days. Anyone else starting today (or soon) and needs a virtual workout buddy?

I'm starting Level 1 Day 1 tonight. I'm doing it with this challenge group, but feel free to add me if you don't want a whole group with you. :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/204500-april-30-day-shred-team-challenge
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i've been doing it for awhile and i'm on level 3 now. its a KILLER!! you will love it though, it makes you feel amazing! good luck!!!
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    day 5 completed and the soreness is nearly gone...seeing more muscle definition already! I LOVE it!!:wink:
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I had my first day today too. I've done it before, but I had forgotten just how hard it is!
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I just finished it, lost 14lbs! It may suck now, and I'm not going to lie it sucks at the beginning of each new level, but after day 3 or 4 you notice you can go longer without it sucking so much haha. It's a great feeling! Goodluck!
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I am doing my 2nd round of 30DS. Finished my first 30DS in Feb. I love the results I got.

You should definitely find a group that is doing and going through the same thing.

I'm on level 1 day 8(tomorrow).
  • sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I've done 10 days of level one so far, have had a couple of days off due to work or doing other exercise, but it is fantastic. Its not easy to start with but it does get more bearable. I could not do a single push up at the start, never have been able to. But now I can do pretty much all the reps on level 1. And I was only sore for a few days, though I stopped following her stretches as I didn;t like them so I do my own. I didn't take measurements before I started but looking in the mirror I can see a difference and have noticed I look a little bit more toned, my arms have a little bit of defination from the strength training. Keep going with it , you will feel amazing and virtuous!!
  • Niaind
    Niaind Posts: 17
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred? I am looking to get healthy and fit and have been trying to eat right for the past week. Please let me know.

@ Aavan Here's something I found online that might help explain what it is: "Fitness expert Jillian Michaels hosts this 60 minute integrated program designed to mix cardiovascular exercise, strength training, and an intense focus on the abs to create a dynamic system that can result in extreme weight loss as impressive as 20 lbs. in 30 days."