New to Message Boards :)

SarahN83
SarahN83 Posts: 18
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I'm new to the whole message board thing, and I'm definitely skeptical... I don't know if anyone actually reads them!

I would love to talk to people that have the same problems with weight that I do. I'm really not a fan of the "I'm skinny, but think I'm fat" people, and now I understand how annoying I must have been when I was one of them. I'm aware that that probably makes me sound a little b*tchy, but I'd really just like to talk to people that have the same struggles as I do with losing not "just-a-little" weight. :smile:

Other than that, I think that myfitnesspal is awesome, and hopefully it will work (unlike the countless other gimmicky things out there)! :tongue: If anyone has any words of encouragement, or other tips and tools to get and keep the weight off, I'm all ears! :happy:

Replies

• SarahN83
    SarahN83 Posts: 18
    I'm new to the whole message board thing, and I'm definitely skeptical... I don't know if anyone actually reads them!

I would love to talk to people that have the same problems with weight that I do. I'm really not a fan of the "I'm skinny, but think I'm fat" people, and now I understand how annoying I must have been when I was one of them. I'm aware that that probably makes me sound a little b*tchy, but I'd really just like to talk to people that have the same struggles as I do with losing not "just-a-little" weight. :smile:

Other than that, I think that myfitnesspal is awesome, and hopefully it will work (unlike the countless other gimmicky things out there)! :tongue: If anyone has any words of encouragement, or other tips and tools to get and keep the weight off, I'm all ears! :happy:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Welcome Sarah,
    well that's an interesting first post. :tongue:

Don't worry, you'll find people just like you on here I'll wager.

And oh yeah, LOT'S of people read em. Just not that many at
    midnight. :smile:
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Welcome :smile:

I have been here for 6 1/2 months, it's wonderful :wink:

I love to give tips and they are:
    1) Log it BEFORE you eat it, this can help you make wise choices :tongue:
    2) Weigh and/or measure everything, my eye was much larger than actual amounts :noway:

Wishing you much success :drinker:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    I've been here for a while, it works you just have to be fair and true to yourself.

Anne
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    There are many more people out there with similar situations and skepticisms but they soon find out that they're not alone -- as will you.

welcome aboard.
  • dantell13
    dantell13 Posts: 71
    As long as you participate, you will enjoy and loose pounds. Post your thoughts and feelings and you will get true replies and suggestions as well as encouragement. Good luck and hang in there.
This discussion has been closed.