chipotle

Options
tarahs
tarahs Posts: 99 Member
so i decided to try chipotle for lunch today. I purchased the small bag of chips and to my dismay it has 570 calories when i checked their website!!!!!!!! the bag didnt even contain 25 chips!!! can someone please clarify this to me??? thanks!

Replies

• etpx3
    etpx3 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    all that sodium!!!!!!!!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    It is all that sodium, I hate their chips, I LOVE salt lol but their chips have so much even I cant eat them
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    They are fried :(
    Tons of calories. I can't eat at Moes or Chipotle because I have a tortilla chip addiction! LOL
  • cjbnc
    cjbnc Posts: 32
    Options
    sodium does not equal calories

the 4oz serving size is part of the problem. most chips consider 1-2 oz a serving. The rest is the fact that fried chips have a lot of oil - 27g of fat for 240 cals!
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    That doesn't seem right. Are you sure it wasn't counting chips and dip?

Most chips are about 160 or so for 12 - 16 full-size chips. So it might have been 300 calories for the bag, depending on the size of the chips. And, yes, if they were oily, that might account for the extra calories.

Chips aren't as bad on sodium as one might think. The worst sodium is the kind we don't know is there. Cottage cheese, canned soup, canned anything.
  • pearlsgirl96
    Options
    they are fried. also corn is a type of sugar. people think because its a "vegetable" that its healthy for weight loss but, sadly, its not. its a high calorie starchy carbohydrate. add the fact that they're fried on top of that = 570 calories in a small package.
  • chicalatte
    chicalatte Posts: 174
    Options
    so i decided to try chipotle for lunch today. I purchased the small bag of chips and to my dismay it has 570 calories when i checked their website!!!!!!!! the bag didnt even contain 25 chips!!! can someone please clarify this to me??? thanks!

It actually has 490
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    chips have way too many calories, I'd rather have more of some healthier food!
  • marialexx
    marialexx Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just bought chips and guac from Chipotle, and counted the number of chips in my bag and I counted 50.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Love chipotle burritos.

As for chips, they are vwicked and loaded with calories. All the fat the are fried in or lard in the mix.
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    Make your own chips by baking soft corn tortillas in the oven... if you want a touch of oil, use a spray oil on them which has very little calories. (practically nil, as its mostly lecithin)

(also, corn is not sugar, its a grain with a large amount of starch... there's a huge difference... only certain varieties of corn have a great deal of sugar and this is not so in products made from corn meal. Most of the problems with chips come from being deep fried and loaded with salt.)