Why don't my clothes fit????

Options
How is it possible to lose almost 16 pounds and still my clothes don't fit right???? I am so irritated by this, when did you notice your clothes or a smaller size fitting "correctly" ???? :explode: :sad:

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I've lost 14 pounds so far and my clothes are starting to feel big, I got out some of my smaller clothes and while I can put them on, they still don't feel quite right like I could comfortably wear them so I am sticking with the bigger ones for now...although last week I discovered that I can take my pants off without unbuttoning them! Yay! Keep up the good work! You can add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • kvr414
    kvr414 Posts: 111
    Options
    don't freak out but I didnt really notice it until about 25lbs down. and even then, it was maybe a size. but I've now lost 40 lbs and I'm down 4 sizes! it will happen, and when it does, you'll be surprised how much you really shrunk.:smile:
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    Be careful with that. With women's clothes, sizes vary. And, by the way it sounds, you haven't worn these before you lost the weight, so you may not remember which pairs of pants have varied sizes. I am wearing a pair of 12s right now, but I can fit an 8 now. I just got into these pants, and I've lost 34 lbs, I was in a 14 almost 12 when I started losing weight. See what I mean? Since you've lost 16 lbs (great job, btw), maybe go to a store and try on some pants, like levis or some true to size and see where you are at. If you want to reward yourself, buy them, if not window shop and check your progress out in some new stuff!! Good luck, and hang in there, 16 lbs is an awesome loss!
  • mexiana
    mexiana Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30 and I'm still in the same clothes, although they are A LOT looser! I think in my case, pants were tight to begin with so my size 24's... I probably should have been in 26's... so now I'm actually a size 24 and almost at a 22...... Keep working at it, you'll be buying new clothes soon enough!!
  • oumedbride
    Options
    You don't say what size you're starting out at, but that makes a big difference. Particularly in women's clothing, there's a much larger difference between say a size 22 and 24 than there is between a 6 and an 8. So if you're starting out in plus size, there can be as much as 20 pounds between sizes (which is one of many reasons plus size clothing is so hard to fit well). Patience, patience :) Keep taking it off and the clothes will fit better eventually!
  • cindyss
    cindyss Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think of it this way...how tight and uncomfortable were my clothes before losing weight? keep up the good work, and when you buy something new in a smaller size yoo hoo!!! celebrate
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have this problem - I do think I was squeezing into clothes that probably didn't fit properly. I'm still not down a full size in all clothing brands as yet, although am hoping any more loss will move me down sizes quicker now.
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Be careful with that. With women's clothes, sizes vary. And, by the way it sounds, you haven't worn these before you lost the weight, so you may not remember which pairs of pants have varied sizes. I am wearing a pair of 12s right now, but I can fit an 8 now. I just got into these pants, and I've lost 34 lbs, I was in a 14 almost 12 when I started losing weight. See what I mean? Since you've lost 16 lbs (great job, btw), maybe go to a store and try on some pants, like levis or some true to size and see where you are at. If you want to reward yourself, buy them, if not window shop and check your progress out in some new stuff!! Good luck, and hang in there, 16 lbs is an awesome loss!

So true. You have to try everything on... I have 12's down to 8's in my closet and depending on the cut of the clothes to the fabric, they all fit differently. I think I drop a size after about 16 pounds or so, but thats not bulletproof...
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I have lost 13 lbs and I thought to myself why am I still wearing the same clothes I should be buying new ones by now. But, I thought about it. I had 16's and 18's my 18's were a bit big but my 16's were tight. Now my 16's are a bit big but not big enough to buy 14's yet.
  • mrsparker31
    mrsparker31 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions and encouragement....I forget it took me 6 years to get to this size so I can't expect it to be gone overnight.
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Everything fits comfortably loose now, but I don't feel like I need to go shopping just yet. Still I'm probably down at least one size since before the weight loss I was inhaling hard and praying I could close those zippers.
  • mexiana
    mexiana Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You don't say what size you're starting out at, but that makes a big difference. Particularly in women's clothing, there's a much larger difference between say a size 22 and 24 than there is between a 6 and an 8. So if you're starting out in plus size, there can be as much as 20 pounds between sizes (which is one of many reasons plus size clothing is so hard to fit well). Patience, patience :) Keep taking it off and the clothes will fit better eventually!

REALLY??? No WONDER I'm still in the same clothes! THANK YOU! *kisses your cheek for the AWESOME info*