walk away the pounds question

Options
how would i log this exercise dvd on mfp? i was planning on doing the 4 mile sometime today, but not sure how to enter it.. its not the same pace through the whole workout and i dont have a heart rate monitor yet (just cant work it into the budget). i know its about 56 minutes to do the 4 miles so would i go with the average of 4 mph?

Replies

• bigmommy2011
    Options
    Bump was wonder the same thing i Have 4 of the walk away the lbs dvds?:sad:
  • tammy200678
    tammy200678 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I was told to log it as 4.0 walking but not sure how close this is
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    bump
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I log mine as general aerobics, because you are not just walking, you do side steps you move your arms together with legs, as well some of hers they have extra items you can use like bands and balls and weight belts hope this helps
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I use thte walking 4.0 miles per hour. Most of her workouts are based on 15 minute miles. Some of the advanced walks are a little faster.
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Im not sure.. I know 4mph Is pretty fast. I know on a treadmill at 3.5 it's quick, and 4 is much quicker. But again - different weight categories usually vary as well.

Okay so i'm about,.. 146 give or take a day, and for me I burn about 120 calories on a 3.5mph every 20 minutes. So, based on that in an hour it's around 370 or so. SO.. taking that into account, if you are in a different weight range and going going at a higher speed I would say probably 4mph would be about right.

That probably made no sense.. LOL.
    IN SHORT,.. maybe 4mph

I know when I walk my dogs alone I log it as 3 for sure, but with my mom I log it as 2... because she's a turtle and our dogs with her sniff every square footage of exposed grass..
  • SoFancySoBlessed
    SoFancySoBlessed Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Bump....good question BTW I love Walk away the pounds!
  • daniellejg
    Options
    I just do the 4.0 mph, not entirely sure if that is accurate or not.
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    As of right now I log it as 4.5 mph, very brisk pace, because that is about spot on with my HRM. I'm sure that will go down to 4.0 as I get in better shape, but for now that works fine. Hope that helps!
  • amysambora
    amysambora Posts: 219
    Options
    Well, the 4 mile DVD takes 60 mins, so I log it as 'walking, 4.0mph' for 60 mins. Or you could log it as low impact aerobics, it works out the same :) Loooooove Leslie! I have a lot of her workouts on DVD & find them to be so effective!
  • karaokeqt
    karaokeqt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I log mine as general aerobics, because you are not just walking, you do side steps you move your arms together with legs, as well some of hers they have extra items you can use like bands and balls and weight belts hope this helps

This is what I do...you do more than just walking.
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    I log it as the average mph I walk. 4 sounds right on most of Leslie's videos.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    thanks guys! i think ill go with the low impact aerobics entry... makes the most sense to me :)