5'3" to 5'4" and 100-110 pounds

Options

Replies

• mamabearr
    mamabearr Posts: 304
    Options
    I started at 153 in Feb and now I am at 139. (: I still have a ways to go. And I'm also curious as to what you did to get to 108.
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I started at 153 in Feb and now I am at 139. (: I still have a ways to go. And I'm also curious as to what you did to get to 108.

well if you look at my ticker today its higher but i am carrying water weight from tom (this happens every months i gain ~4pounds of water in a few days and its gone within a few days)

anyway, i try not to eat more than 1200 a day, some days i eat 2000 some days i eat 700. i usually have one day a week where i go for a big calorie burn (today im almost 1000) believe it or not the days i do a big burn i dont have time and am not hungry for much food. once a week or so i have a negative calorie day..

most days i try and keep my net less than 1000.

many people will argue this is unhealthy, but im in the best shape and fitness ive ever been in my life. us small peoples bodies can handle a net of less than 1200, its not starvation mode when our bmrs are only ~1200 anyway.

anyway, net at less than 1000 every day and you will lose a pound a week :) this week im aiming for my average net calories to be about 750 a day. but i will run 5k a day, walk for at least an hour, go to the gym and try fit in an exercise class.

i have no commitment other than uni 8 hours a day, 5 days a week so i have plenty of time for exercise around that.

i would recommend not to drink too much, this weekend i drank loads and ended up eating junk etc.
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    by drunk i mean alcohol....
  • cocobeenie
    cocobeenie Posts: 98
    Options
    So has anyone in this thread been losing weight? I've been going strong for weeks and still not 1 lb has dropped! :(

Yeah, I've lost about five pounds since I posted. That's a little more than a pound a week.
    I think most of my progress is due to not drinking alcohol and cooking at home with whole foods a lot. I look for recipes on allrecipes.com and cut fat where ever possible. For example, I use about half as much oil as any recipe suggests and for chicken salads and such I use plain yogurt in lieu of mayo.

I still eat chocolate and sweets because I love them, but I only eat them in very small portions. One truffle, one chocolate square, one cookie, etc.

I track everything I possibly can, and try my best to keep a net 1200 calories. YES, I eat my exercise calories back. My energy, stamina, and general quality of life has improved tenfold since I started eating them back, and YES, I'm still losing weight. I didn't feel well when I was under 1200 calories, suffered from constipation, and even fainted! That's when I knew something had to change.

Its important to note also, that when you are working out and keeping a low calorie maximum you MUST get your protein in and a little fat. I try to shoot for 75g of protein a day, but I admit it's hard.

As for exercise, I take dance classes 3-4 times a week and just started a hot muscle build-up class which is similar to a hot yoga/pilates class I would do in the states. It comes out to about a 1500 calorie/week burn. I savor my rest days and try not to push myself too hard in regular everyday life although I do take the stairs and walk around the city a lot. I still haven't started lifting weights even though I know that's how you lose good weight. Bodybuilding.com has a lot of informative, inspirational, and motivational articles and even work out plans that have a good focus on lifting. You can tell by the pictures people post on that site that those methods really work.

Good luck to you all!
  • georgiajuly
    georgiajuly Posts: 126
    Options
    I hope that those of you trying to achieve a very low BMI can prosper in your goals. That said, you are playing a dangerous game, which I also played when I was young. Take a close look at the left number on my ticker - 190! That train was set in motion in my late teens. Before then, i was slender, with no mismatch between my appetite and calorie requirements. At 118 pounds, 65.5 inches, I thought I was too fat, so I started the dieting/gaining cycle, which continued for some years. For most of the rest of my life, I have been either hungry, or gaining.
    A 63 inch person can be healthy, and perhaps even strong, at 107 pounds. The problem is, when she's having to fight her metabolism to keep her weight so low, she may lose the ability to naturally control her weight by her appetite, and that's a big thing to lose.
    That's my motherly advice. Enough said - I'm out of here.
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^ I think there's a difference between constant dieting and gaining cycles to maintain a weight that is unrealistic for your size and aiming for a weight that fits your frame. I agree you shouldn't be crazed about getting to a certain number to the point where you are constantly dieting, but a first push or two seems reasonable.
  • georgiajuly
    georgiajuly Posts: 126
    Options
    Why so much focus on the scale? I was attracted to this thread but some of the replies are a little scary.

I'm 5'3 and 119, focusing more on the mirror now. 110 would be my rock bottom, if I got that low it would probably be with muscle sacrifice. I might go there to see how I look, but 115 will likely be more ideal. I'm a size 2 and don't want to buy in the juniors like a little girl, no offense (except to get cheap workout tank tops). Plus, I'm almost fresh out of boobies. :grumble:

Strength training is important for body happiness when you approach the lower ends of the weight ranges. I think many on here would benefit from a focus on body recomposition rather than weight.
    Okay, Cutmd, I couldn't resist peeking back. Actually, I agree with you completely, as you said it very well in your earlier post.
  • ceedee76
    ceedee76 Posts: 6
    Options
    It's nice to see some shorties on board. I'm 5'1" currently at 137. My first goal weight is 125, which is a lot heavier than most of you on this page, but I have a perfect hourglass figure that my hubby loves. When I dropped below 120 he didn't find me very attractive (I lost my booty and my boobs). I'm at a size 6 now and hoping to get to a 4. Were going to start having a family in June/July, so I won't be small for long.
  • romashkinai1
    Options
    hey! i'm 5'4" and 108 lbs...i have a really tiny frame so even a few pounds of my belly fat are quite annoying! i eat 1000-1200 cals a day but it doesn't give me any results! it just helps me not to gain weight..sometimes i purposely put more calories in the diary that i really ate because it would keep me from not pigging out later ...in March i've been on a really low cal diet that made me weight around 104-105, but i think that was only because of an empty stomack lol...i work out sometimes, try to walk at least one hour of brisk pace every day...i've been exercising my abs for years, but a layer of belly fat makes them invisible!
    add me as a friend so we can shred those last few pounds with the help of each other :)
  • bree2012
    bree2012 Posts: 179
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'3, and as of now, 109.8 pounds. I used to be 102, and I would like to get back to that weight. I added you, btw!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I was 104 lbs soaking wet when I got married 14 years ago (I'm 5'4). Two babies later... well, let's just say that 104 is no longer a realistic goal for me, but I'd be really happy to lose these last 5 pounds and get to 125! Then we'll see about going down to 120. I think the best I ever looked was between 115-120. It's really hard to lose those last few pounds, and of course we garner absolutely no sympathy because we're already slim. I feel your frustration!
  • deenaspell
    deenaspell Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    AMEN! Thank you for saying all this. I didn't want to be branded a hater or jealous because I'm not tiny, but seriously, some girls absolutely need therapy for setting a goal weight of under 100?! WTF? Our internals organs and bones barely weigh that much! LOL
  • MrsPhan11
    MrsPhan11 Posts: 2,502 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 5'2' and currently at 120 lbs. This is the 3rd time I have let myself (sadly) get this high. My goal is to get down to 100-105, which is what I weighed in college. I am Asian with a small frame so every little bit shows. Please feel free to add me for support!
  • Captainfakeeye
    Options
    Hi all! I'm a bit shorter: 5'2" and 105 pounds. I have a really small frame though, so I still look a little chubby. My goal is 95 pounds.
  • shellbell525
    Options
    I'm glad I found this group. It's good to hear from people that have similar goals and body types. I'm 5'4 and currently 140ish. I was always much thinner growing up and my goal is go get back to 120-125. I've tried different programs but I've never had the motivation or the willpower to stick with it.
  • heathally
    heathally Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    So has anyone in this thread been losing weight? I've been going strong for weeks and still not 1 lb has dropped! :(

I've lost almost 30 pounds in less than a year. Don't worry if the scale doesn't budge. Check your measurments and how your clothes are fitting, that's more telling. My sister's been in the same boat, she's been going strong and only lost one pound. She's only 5' and 170 lbs so it's not like she doesn't have the weight to lose, but she's lost several inches. Remember, when you work out, you're building muscle as well as reducing fat and so the weight of the fat you're taking off is just being replaced by the weight of the muscle. Just don't get discouraged and keep it up!
  • willia1x
    Options
    Hi friends!

I'm a bit bigger than a lot of you... I'm 5"4 and at the moment weight 121 pounds.

I started dieting July-September, and went from 150 -120. I went from a size 10 to a size 4, and was really happy :)

The I just focused on maintaining... but now I want to lose some more.

I would love to get down to 110. And see what I look like at 110, and possible 105 - but I want to look healthy, so my plan is to evaluate at 110 and see how I feel.

I'm in law school at the moment, and have like zero time to exercise for the next few weeks... so I'm just counting calories and not going 1000. I try to fit in some cardio and weights when I have time - but realistically I'm not going to reeeeally get into the swing of things until I am done exams.

Any advice is welcome :)
  • nalexxx
    nalexxx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hey I'm 5'3 and started a TDEE deficit in mid July and I've gone from ~124 to 112 (my goal weight is 105).
    I have some advice if anyone needs it!

go here: http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html and find out your TDEE, or Total Daily Energy Expenditure (the number of calories you burn in a day just by existing)

then eat 500 calories lower than that and you'll lose about a pound a week (500 calories x 7 days= 3500 calories, and a pound of fat is 3500 calories). Don't go lower than 1200 calories a day or you risk going into starvation mode, which will slow your metabolism and cause your body to hold on to/store fat.

You don't need to exercise while on a calorie deficit as you *cannot* gain muscle while losing fat, but you do lose some muscle in the process so exercising helps maintain it.

After you've reached your goal weight, you can concentrate on gaining muscle. There are two types of exercises (or rather, muscle contractions) that you can choose from, depending on your goals. Isotonic (cardio) exercises such as running, swimming, etc improve cardiovascular health but don't do much for muscle tone. Isometric exercises include free weights, and it is this type of workout that will help you achieve that rock star body. Eat 500-1000 calories over your tdee when you start.

If you're interested in a barbell program, this is a great way to start: http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/The_Starting_Strength_Novice/Beginner_Programs

By the way, don't let a fear of getting "bulky" prevent you from trying weights... it's not easy for a female to put on *that* much muscle (you can always decrease your calorie intake)

Remember, in order to lose weight safely and successfully you need to change your lifestyle. Any "quick fix" workout or fast isn't going to keep the weight off in the future, but changing your habits will.

Weight loss is simply arithmetic and self control(: Good luck!
  • rulru111
    Options
    This thread's kinda old, but good to see ppl who were/are on the same boat as me! I'm 5'3 and was always around 107-114 range, and this past year, BOOM! Currently 130lbs and very mad at myself for letting things go this way. I first went up to 125lbs, and then to 119lbs after about two months of eating right + exercise. But had a relapse and gained 10+ lbs in about a month. What's upsetting is that I never had to worry about my weight before. I used to eat whatever and not gain weight bc of the pretty active day to day routines. Now, forcing myself to eat right and forcing myself to work out are such daunting tasks. Anyhow, I'm happy to see some of the success stories, I hope to achieve my goal of 110 lbs over the next 5months or so, and hope I don't fall back to binging month!
  • liviilooseweight
    liviilooseweight Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and have lost 7 pounds in about 2 weeks. I was 112.8 and now I am 105.8