New ideas for my grocery list

My Sunday supermarket trip is coming up and I'm trying to find some new ideas to add to my list. I've got my "go-to's" but I'm looking for some new ideas.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    *BUMP*
  • Stick to the outside aisles w/lots of fresh produce and fruits. You can't go wrong. Also look through lite or Weight Watcher Cookbooks before you go to get new ideas. I made leeks in the oven w/orange juice marianade before and they were great-something I'd not tried before. Good luck!
  • dekarlo08
    dekarlo08 Posts: 102
    My go-to snacks are pita crisps and tropical trail mix.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    I wish I could offer up some advice but I'm also getting a little bored with the same old, same old...

- Chicken
    - Carrots
    - Celery
    - Oatmeal
    - Bananas
    - Yogurt

I do different things with these items but totally need to liven it up, lol!
  • Daisygurl7
    Daisygurl7 Posts: 129 Member
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/cauliflower-fritters-25.html - We love these Cauliflower Fritters! I mix light Mayo, fresh garlic and a Dry ranch Packet together for a yummy dip!!
    You can make Enchiladas with Wheat Tortillas, ground Turkey, and lots of Frozen or fresh veggies and Black Beans,
    Turkey burgers on a bed of spinach topped with carmelized onions and mashed avocados! YUMMY!!
    Cook Red potatoes, Fresh or frozen Brocolli, Cauliflower, red & Green peppers, Black Beans or any veggies you want with Lime juice, Teriyaki sauce, and fresh Garlic and eat in a tortillas with a little shredded cheese for a yummy vegetarian Fajita! :)
  • dailyorange
    dailyorange Posts: 128
    Wow great link! There are so many different new things I can buy now =D
  • brendaleentjes
    brendaleentjes Posts: 43 Member
    http://foodgawker.com/popular/favorites/ This site is awesome. I am gluten free and they have great recipes. I have started eatting squash which before this year had never tried and lots of beans: black, kidney, etc.. I also love Amy's Organic Soups when I don't have time to cook.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    My go to items are:

Veggies
    Hummus (to dip the veggies in)
    Apples (my favorite)
    Greek yogurt
    Tuna
    Red grapes
    Cottage cheese
    Natural peanut butter (love it with celery)
    Whole wheat pita bread

I know there are others, but that's all I can think of at the moment
  • The items I tend to get:

Bananas
    Oranges
    Berries
    Fruit juices like bolthouse farms and arthur juices
    Kettle chips in jalapeño flavour
    Organic soy milk
    Veggie meat
    & usually some other junk food!
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    i really like Snyders White Tortilla chips with homemade salsa. yes, they are still fried but they are fairly low in calories... 140 for 13 chips. they are my salty, crunchy, yummy fix.
  • lissababe
    lissababe Posts: 38 Member
    Fringo light string cheese
    Cuties
    Greek yogurt
    Pistashios!
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Fresh beets (I wrap them in foil and throw them in my crock pot. Stick in the fridge. The skin falls right off and they are like adding candy to a salad. mmmm.)
    Goat cheese
    Avocado (or Wholly Guacamole single serving packs)
    Lesser Evil Kettle Corn
    Pierogis (cook with sauteed onions and peppers,serve with a dollop of sour cream and chicken sausage)
    Laughing cow cheeses
    Spinach
    Greek yogurt
    Low sodium cottage cheese and unsweetened applesauce
    Sun Chips
    alfalfa or bean sprouts to spruce up sandwiches

Hmm, I think I need to go shopping too!
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Thank you everyone for all the tips! I've been thumbing through magazines for new recipes. I've also taken my current recipes and added a healthy twist to each of them so that way I can still enjoy them.

I think the one thing that I've been wanting to try and haven't been able to find is Almond Butter. I will also be experimenting with spinach based pasta. It's going to depend on the carbs though.

I've never tried hummus so I think I will be adding it as something new to try. There were a few others that you guys suggested that I will be writing down as well.

My husband is surely going to strangle me! lol. He just "LOVES" eating healthy. What he doesn't realize is that, like all the desserts I've ever made, most of what I make is already pretty healthy. It took him 6 years to figure out that his favorite pudding pie that I make, is actually made with sugar free and fat free or reduced fat stuff. What he doesn't know, won't hurt him.

Thanks again you guys!