ugh

Options
I've been on 1000 a day for 2 weeks and today all I wanted was chocolate! I indulged and ended up saying "screw it, you've already blown it for today." Now the guilt sets in...sigh.

:frown:

Replies

• parkygirl
    parkygirl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate to the rescue. Delicious and good for you.

1000 calories does seem a bit low, btw. Might want to aim for 1200 or consult a doc.
  • JigglyPig
    JigglyPig Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Good for you for being honest about it and posting. KICKS to you for doing that. But just assess your actions...and see if you can learn from them. In the future (or maybe even today?), can you work out a bit to earn a 200 calorie deficit? A Hershey bar is only like 210 calories or something. Then you'd be fine. If you deprive yourself so much that it brings you to break your focus/determination, then maybe you need to find some ways to continue to be healthy...yet not feel deprived. Maybe once a week you can have 2 tablespoons of milk chocolate chips (I think they're like 70 calories). You could plan for it ahead of time. You'd get your chocolate fix AND you'd stay within your calories.

:) Don't be too hard on yourself...

But you SHOULD take a look at what you can do differently in the future. Maybe you can help yourself be prepared for such a moment in the future.

Move forward. Don't give up! Get back on the journey right away. You won't regret it! :) Good for you for posting about it. :)
  • msl22
    msl22 Posts: 31
    Options
    eat it
  • aaronjarvis
    aaronjarvis Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Instead of feeling guilty, set up a goal & reward yourself with something you really want.

Lets say you follow your calorie intake for a week straight. Have a treat set up for you if you hit your goal. Little treats here and there will keep you from indulging.

I treat myself to Subway for lunch if I do well for the entire week. It helps & you wont feel guilty. just a thought
  • JJtexasgirl
    JJtexasgirl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    thanks ya'll - it helps to see it from someone else's perspective

I will definately plan a few indulgences for myself in the future so that I can do it the right way.

Have a great day!