Wii workouts?

Options
My husband just bought a Wii (2nd hand) and I am curious about the various workout programs it has. Which one(s) do you like best and why? I need to (finally) start toning along with loose more weight. From the little bit of research I've been able to do this far it seems like people really like the active 2 but do I also need to buy the balance board? does it come with the board?
TYIA for any info :)

Replies

• baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I'm really enjoying "My Fitness Coach" right now... just got "EA Sports Active", haven't tried it yet.

My Fitness Coach does not need the balance board... doesn't use it at all. The EA Sports Active box says it's balance board "compatible", but also has a multi-person mode.

edit to add: We also have Wii Fit Plus, which is very fun, but can get a bit tedious after a while if you don't switch it up.
  • laurend529
    Options
    I don't know if this will help, but I have Just Dance 2. No board is required and it is a fun way to work and burn some calories. :)
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I just bought Wii Zumba this week and it kicks my butt! Of course, i have two left feet so that doesn't help either! I haven't upgraded to Wii Fit Plus yet but I like the regular Wii Fit and haven't gotten bored with it yet. I also just bought Just Dance Kids (for my twin granddaughters who are 2 1/2) and it is a pretty good workout too however the songs are rather short but definitely fun. There are a lot of options, it really just depends on your personal preferences. Good luck!
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the wii active although it might be next on my list. i'm currently playing a lot of the gold's gym cardio workout for wii, which is boxing, and a lot of it. although there are ducking and weaving sequences that really make your legs work, too.

i've been using it about 6 times a week for five weeks now and haven't gotted bored yet. lots of different ways to put routines and workouts together. you can choose easier 6 - 8 minute warmup segments and line them up together, or pick the harder 20-minute sequences that make you take a break in the middle to drink some water, which I like, because I can almost always fit in 40 minutes at night, even if it's piecemeal. Better moving than not.

You also get trainers and exercises and levels unlocked the more punches you log. You get gold for clothes etc., if you're into that sort of thing. Keeps it fun, I guess, if you've got time to play with it.

There are exercises in the cardio boxing that use the balance board, but you don't really need to have one. you will need two wii remotes, though, one for each hand.

i got mine for about $15. well worth the money. cheesy at times, but it gets the job done and it's pretty fun, too.

lost two inches off my waist after doing it regularly for two weeks.
  • alexmommy
    alexmommy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love Gold's Gym Workout, its cardio boxing. I also have a dance game, I play tennis on the wii sports game while jogging in place. Also have the wii fit plus and a biggest loser game. I like them all and love having a variety!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    My brother and his wife have the ea sports and are loving it. Here I do mostly Zumba and some boxing. Just bought the Just Dance 2 today! Hope this helps! We also have one called In shape which is supposed to be good, but I have not messed with it. :bigsmile:
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I love that game (Just Dance 2). When I need cardio at home, that's just what I turn to. It's so much fun.
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I love Gold's Gym Workout, its cardio boxing. I also have a dance game, I play tennis on the wii sports game while jogging in place. Also have the wii fit plus and a biggest loser game. I like them all and love having a variety!

Hey with your biggest loser game does Jillian sound like Bob? On mine she talks but it's Bob's voice kinda creepy.
  • Kaylalovewell
    Options
    Wii Zumba!!!! it's shredding my core and that's exactly what i need right now! it's also definintely toning up my legs and arms! love it!
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Nope you don't need the board. You can use it if you have it but it isn't mandatory.

My top 2 would be
    EA Sports Active...any of the 3 are good
    Just Dance 2
  • supermom4abcd
    supermom4abcd Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Just Dance 2. Time flies and it doesn't even feel like a workout!
  • alexmommy
    alexmommy Posts: 76 Member
    Options

Hey with your biggest loser game does Jillian sound like Bob? On mine she talks but it's Bob's voice kinda creepy.

I usually have my own music cranked up so I never listen to it! LOL I'll have to pay attention now!
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have the first ea sports active and the more workouts ea active... I also have the Biggest Loser game and a game called my personal trainer or something like that. I like the ea active ones the best, but I really like the boxing on the original wii sports... It makes me sweat every time!
  • viclynn
    viclynn Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have wii fit plus. You do need the balance board with this game. I love the free step. I can watch tv while I'm exercising with the wii. the remote keeps track of your steps and time for you. I use a set of hand weights along with it to tone my arms at the same time. good luck I'm sure you will enjoy it.